"Spring time in Yorkshire" United Kingdom by fax
United Kingdom Travel Guide: 94,340 reviews and 225,491 photos
The United kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to give the full title is constituted by England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
It is a land rich in history and diversity, of historic villages and of new towns. The UK has a great deal to offer the tourist whether it be cosmopolitain London or the remote beauty of the Scottish Highlands.
My own corner of the United Kingdom is the White Rose county of Yorkshire in the North of England.
Yorkshire is the country's largest county at 15859 sq km or 6123 sq miles. It has a population of 5,000,000 people. The population is mainly centred in the west and south of the county and the north and east are mainly agricultural or moorland. The principal cities are Leeds and Sheffield but the most important city of interest is York.
My UK page is dedicated to my home county and to the area around Halifax (Calderdale) in particular. As the pictures will show even in the most densely populated area in the west, beautiful countryside is just on your doorstep.
This and the main picture at the top are Savile Park in Halifax. The area is common land (or moor) given to the town by... more travel advice
The hills and moors that the Bronte sisters wrote about surround Halifax. There are many Bronte connections locally,... more travel advice
fax's Related Pages
United Kingdom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Firas in Wonderland"
- "My U.K. - a home I love very dearly."
- "United Kingdom Adventure"
- "A Taste of Real Britain - Tourist Information"
- "UNITED KINGDOM"
- "Jet Ski!"
- "Christmas 2010"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United Kingdom
- Hotels in United Kingdom
- Transportation in United Kingdom
- Nightlife in United Kingdom
- Restaurants in United Kingdom
- Shopping in United Kingdom
- Warnings and Dangers in United Kingdom
- See All...
Badges & Stats in United Kingdom
- 24 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to United Kingdom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United Kingdom
Top 10 Pages
- Leeds Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Palma de Mallorca Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos
- Halifax Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Cuba Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- France Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- York Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tunisia Intro, 7 reviews, 2 photos
- Malta Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (11)
Top United Kingdom hotels
- London Hotels
- 23315 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Blackpool Hotels
- 481 Reviews - 891 Photos
- Llandudno Hotels
- 243 Reviews - 479 Photos
- Edinburgh Hotels
- 3409 Reviews - 6784 Photos
- Manchester Hotels
- 1741 Reviews - 4028 Photos
- Torquay Hotels
- 178 Reviews - 352 Photos
- York Hotels
- 1631 Reviews - 3979 Photos
- Bournemouth Hotels
- 207 Reviews - 462 Photos
- Scarborough Hotels
- 276 Reviews - 409 Photos
- Glasgow Hotels
- 1241 Reviews - 2065 Photos
- Eastbourne Hotels
- 94 Reviews - 207 Photos
- Whitby Hotels
- 355 Reviews - 743 Photos
- Liverpool Hotels
- 1280 Reviews - 2297 Photos
- Birmingham Hotels
- 766 Reviews - 1269 Photos
- Chester Hotels
- 471 Reviews - 1183 Photos