"It's all about the Pelican I ..." Rilland by myriam_c
Rilland Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 4 photos
Rilland-Bath, not more than a very small dot on the map of The Netherlands, is transformed into a very busy village these days (July 27, 2003). This is due to the collison of two containerships in the Westerschelde on 20th July, by which one ship, the Pelican I, has been heavily damaged and is waiting to be set afloat. It's now leaning on a sandbank in order not to keel over.
Thousands of sightsee-ers wanted to follow this operation 'live'. The dykes were over-crowded with people and there was a traffic chaos in the narrow streets.
Unfortunately the operation had to be postponed due to tide and current in this very undeep part of the Westerschelde.
In this part of the Dutch polders there are lots of sheep grazing in the grassland. They're not used to seeing so many people and having so much traffic around. They - and the people of Bath - will be glad after it's all over and done with.
myriam_c's Related Pages
Rilland Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rilland
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Rilland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rilland
Top 10 Pages
- Antwerp Intro, 49 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 26 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kalmthout Intro, 10 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guadeloupe Intro, 10 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 33 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorrento Intro, 15 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 5 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 9 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues