"Cape Agulhas, where two oceans meet" Top 5 Page for this destination Agulhas by myriam_c
Agulhas Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 52 photos
Cape Agulhas is the southernmost point of the African continent. It's here that the two oceans, the Indian Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean, meet.
The current coming from the Indian Ocean brings warm water from the subtropics, while the north-drifting from the Atlanctic Ocean brings cold water.
Cape Agulhas is rough and storm-beaten. The many shipwrecks here bear witness to the mighty storms in this region.
Although there was just the ocean and a tip of land, it was an exciting feeling to be on the edge of a continent.
At the side of the Atlantic Ocean the sea is cold and rough ; at the side of the Indian Ocean the water is blue and shallow and the beach has soft white sand.
- In a nutshell:Something special !
Take a look at the beach on Cape Agulhas. The side of the Indian Ocean is somewhat warmer and less windy than the side... more travel advice
myriam_c's Related Pages
Agulhas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Agulhas - [Western Cape, South Africa]"
- "Where the Atlantic and Indian ocean meets"
- "Cape Agulhas, where two oceans meet"
- "Southern most tip of Africa"
- "The true southern tip of Africa"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Agulhas
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Agulhas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Agulhas
Top 10 Pages
- Antwerp Intro, 49 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 26 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kalmthout Intro, 10 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guadeloupe Intro, 10 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 33 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorrento Intro, 15 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 5 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 9 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues