"Knysna, Garden Route" Knysna by myriam_c
Knysna Travel Guide: 175 reviews and 357 photos
Knysna nestles on the banks of a beautiful lagoon in the heart of the ‘Garden Route’ of South Africa. It is surrounded by a natural paradise of lush indigenous forests, tranquil lakes and golden beaches, making it a real natural wonderland.
The most well known attraction being the heads - two great sandstone cliffs guarding the mouth of the lagoon which connects the estuary with the sea.
The Knysna Lagoon is one of the few places along the coast and in the world that supports a oyster hatchery. And the Knysna oysters are reputedly among the tastiest in the world.
myriam_c's Related Pages
Knysna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Spectacular Place on the Garden Route"
- "The Beautiful Garden Route"
- "City in a Forest"
- "Fern country"
- "KNYSNA-GARDEN ROUTE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Knysna
- Hotels in Knysna
- Transportation in Knysna
- Nightlife in Knysna
- Restaurants in Knysna
- Shopping in Knysna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Knysna
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Knysna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Knysna
Top 10 Pages
- Antwerp Intro, 49 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 26 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kalmthout Intro, 10 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guadeloupe Intro, 10 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 33 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorrento Intro, 15 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 5 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 9 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues