"Oudtshoorn" Top 5 Page for this destination Oudtshoorn by myriam_c
Oudtshoorn Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 234 photos
Oudtshoorn, founded in 1847, is the centre of the Little Karoo area. The city is located in the most beautiful surroundings of mountain chains: the Swartberge in the north and the Outeniqua Mountains in the south. It has a very dry climate and temperatures can easily reach over 40C.
Oudtshoorn is well known as the centre of the ostrich industry. Ostrich farms are everywhere, both show farms and industrial farms. Of course also souvenir shops selling ostrich eggs, feathers, leather items, etc.
Another point of attraction is the Cango Caves - I will describe them in detail in a separate tip.
Oudtshoorn is definitely worth staying for a few days.
The Red Stone Hills are located between Calitzdorp (the port wine village) and Oudtshoorn in the Little Karoo. It's a... more travel advice
Cango Caves is no doubt one of the biggest attractions in Oudtshoorn. The caves, tucked away in the foothills of the... more travel advice
myriam_c's Related Pages
Oudtshoorn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oudtshoorn - the ostrich capital"
- "Oudtshoorn - The Ostrich Capital"
- "Oudtshoorn - The Ostrich Capital of the World"
- "Oudtshoorn is more then ostriches."
- "The Cango Caves"
- "Ostriches, camels and caves!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oudtshoorn
- Hotels in Oudtshoorn
- Transportation in Oudtshoorn
- Nightlife in Oudtshoorn
- Restaurants in Oudtshoorn
- Shopping in Oudtshoorn
- Warnings and Dangers in Oudtshoorn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oudtshoorn
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Oudtshoorn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oudtshoorn
Photos in OudtshoornSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Antwerp Intro, 49 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 26 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kalmthout Intro, 10 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guadeloupe Intro, 10 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 33 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorrento Intro, 15 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 5 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 9 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues