"Stellenbosch: history, wine, and more ..." Top 5 Page for this destination Stellenbosch by myriam_c
Stellenbosch Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 267 photos
Stellenbosch is an attractive town with a really pretty old centre with historical buildings. No wonder, it's the second oldest city of South Africa!
Stellenbosch is located at about 30 min. drive from the Mother City Cape Town.
Stellenbosch finds it origin in 1679 and was named after the then new Governor of the Cape, Simon van der Stel.
The University of Stellenbosch is a reputed institution.
Together with Paarl and Franschhoek, Stellenbosch is known for its wines. This southwestern corner of Africa has an ideal climate - similar to the climate in southern Europe - to grow grapes. Winters are mild, there's more than enough sunshine and there's enough rainfall . We know that from experience!
The town of Stellenbosch has the largest numbers of vineyards in South Africa. These are really huge, so are the wine estates!
Along the "Stellenbosch Wine Route" one can sample more than 250 wines in about 30 different estates.
- In a nutshell:Wine, wine, and more wine !!
Typical Cape cuisine with a selection of traditional specialities such as Bobotie, ?Waterblommetjiebredie?, Meraai?s... more travel advice
The Blue Orange Coffee and Farm Shop is a perfect place for lunch or afternoon tea. You can either sit inside or in the... more travel advice
myriam_c's Related Pages
Stellenbosch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Van der Stel's forest"
- "Stellenbosch: history, wine, and more ..."
- "Wine and more wine"
- "The Oak City"
- "STELLENBOSCH - PICTURE POSTCARD PERFECT!"
- "Cape Wineries"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stellenbosch
- Hotels in Stellenbosch
- Restaurants in Stellenbosch
- Shopping in Stellenbosch
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stellenbosch
- 8 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Stellenbosch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stellenbosch
Photos in StellenboschSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Antwerp Intro, 49 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 26 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kalmthout Intro, 10 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guadeloupe Intro, 10 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 33 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorrento Intro, 15 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 5 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 9 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues