"Mbour, lots of couleur locale ..." Mbour by myriam_c
Mbour Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 16 photos
Mbour, 80 km south of Dakar, is an important city in Senegal. Mbour has about 160.000 inhabitants and the city developed at the end of the 19th century.
Today Mbour is a very active fishing harbour. Very colorful and attractive for the western tourist although for the Senegalese people life is often very difficult.
Lots of children cannot attend school because either their parents don't have the necessary money or they live too far from the city.
The fishing harbour in Mbour. Early in the morning the fishermen sail in with their pirogues and drop their catch of the day (of the night in fact) on the beach. Pick out the fish you would like to have for lunch or dinner!
If you want to buy or sell a sheep or a goat, this is the place to be.
- Pros:Colorful, lively.
- Cons:Very poor.
myriam_c's Related Pages
Mbour Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mbour, lots of couleur locale ..."
- "Saly sn beautiful beach never seen befor !!!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mbour
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Mbour?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mbour
Top 10 Pages
- Antwerp Intro, 49 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 26 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kalmthout Intro, 10 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guadeloupe Intro, 10 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 33 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorrento Intro, 15 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 5 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 9 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues