"A daytrip to Ukunda" Ukunda by myriam_c
Ukunda Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 49 photos
Extract of my travel report.
The next day we visit the public school (read: poor-kids-school) of Ukunda. The most beautiful dark colored children with big black eyes. Since there are only two classrooms most of the children just sit in the shade of a huge tree during their lessons. Nice and cool. No ballpens, no notebooks … They write in the sand, with their finger. The women of the village prepare our lunch, the same what they usually eat: red beans, meat (???), maniok, sweet potato. Soon we have our one-day foster child: Said. He stays with us for the rest of the day, trying to tempt us to give him all the candy we have. Later on we visit the local medicine man but it doesn't make much sense what he has to tell ...
myriam_c's Related Pages
Ukunda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beach, hotels, road and not much else."
- "Ukunda - Diani Beach"
- "Ukunda and Diani"
- "DIANI BEACH"
- "A daytrip to Ukunda"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ukunda
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Ukunda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ukunda
Top 10 Pages
- Antwerp Intro, 49 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 26 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kalmthout Intro, 10 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guadeloupe Intro, 10 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 33 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorrento Intro, 15 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 5 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 9 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues