"The Colored Canyon and Nuweiba" Top 5 Page for this destination Nuweiba` by myriam_c
Nuweiba` Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 270 photos
The Colored Canyon has become a popular safari trek and lies between St. Catherine's Monastery and the town of Nuweiba. The strange rock formations and colored canyon walls are dramatic and the silence within is an added value.
Read more about it in my tip!!
Nuweiba is a coastal town in the Sinai peninsula located between the popular resort of Naama Bay and the Israeli border. It's fairly unspoilt and typical upto now but investors are planning to build large hotels along the coastline south and north of Nuweiba in order to connect it with Taba in the north and Dahab in the south.
Nuweiba is an oasis in the South Sinai and the town was given back to Egypt in 1982 after the Camp David Peace Treaty. Until then Nuweiba was isolated without any infrastructure. With the establishment of Nuweiba Port, the connection between Egypt and Jordan, the city started to grow. People came to live here because there were good job opportunities, houses and schools were built, shops and businesses were established and the need was born to build a highway through the high Sinai mountains in order to connect the Egyptian mainland with the Sinai Peninsula.
Nuweiba is now frequently visited by travelers. Either as a side-trip from a 'safari' in the Sinai mountains or because of its beautiful sandy beach with amazing coral reefs and underwater world.
When you drive to the canyons, a 4WD is essential as the last part of the traject is off-road. This means bumping up and... more travel advice
myriam_c's Related Pages
Nuweiba` Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to The Monastery of St Catherine."
- "Sinai, Egypt"
- " Little Paradise.... "
- "The Colored Canyon and Nuweiba"
- "Nuweiba - A Tiny Town along the Red Sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nuweiba`
- Hotels in Nuweiba`
- Transportation in Nuweiba`
- Nightlife in Nuweiba`
- Restaurants in Nuweiba`
- Shopping in Nuweiba`
- Warnings and Dangers in Nuweiba`
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nuweiba`
- 3 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Nuweiba`?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nuweiba`
Top 10 Pages
- Antwerp Intro, 49 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 26 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kalmthout Intro, 10 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guadeloupe Intro, 10 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 33 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorrento Intro, 15 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 5 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 9 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues