"Sibculo" Sibculo by Tetreus
Sibculo Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 32 photos
The first time the name Sibculo (Zybbekeloe) was written in the documents was in 1406 when prior decided to build a big convent in this little place.
This convent existed untill 1611 and than was later completely destroyed...unfortunately.
The name Sibculo means:
'sìpe' in old-dutch or old-german means little stream, moistered flatland....like a swamp.
' lo ' or ' loe' means forest.
So Sibculo would be the forest in a swamp...ant that's how I still can imagine it.
The only thing which remained in Sibculo is the old well ( see photo ).
This is how people in the past were living in the area of Sibculo.
This area was called Java and poor people were living here. People who were working in the peatfields.
And this his how people nowadays are living in there houses.
Most people have a nice house with a big garden around the house.
- Pros:Completely relax in a beautiful nature !
- Cons:Nightlife doesn't exist...............
- In a nutshell:Sibculo...a little paradise in Twente
Tetreus' Related Pages
Sibculo Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Sibculo
- Hotels in Sibculo
- Transportation in Sibculo
- Restaurants in Sibculo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sibculo
- 14 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Sibculo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sibculo
Photos in SibculoSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 78 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lhaviyani Atholhu Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Sibculo Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tarvisio Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Israel Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Indonesia Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Norway Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Grand Canyon Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos