"Tarcento ' the pearl of Friuli '" Tarcento by Tetreus
Tarcento Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 5 photos
Tarcento lies on the slopes of the mountains Chiampeon, Stella and Bernardia.
It is characterized by wonderful variety of its environment and its function of linking together the Upper Walley of Torre and the piedmont zone of the Julian Prealps.
The place was mentioned for the very first time in 1126 in some documents concerning a feudal donation. At that time the manor used to belong to the Machland family from Perg (Austria); successively to the Caporiaccos and, in 1281, to the Di Castello family.
To this period probably belongs the “Cjascjelat” whose remains (the angle of a turret) are still visible. To the Di Castello family succeeded the Frangipanes. They started - after the earthquake of 1511 - the urban restoration, bringing Tarcento to the modest welfare.
In 1797 the French included this zone to Gemona district. With the Austrians Tarcento regained the capital and later it was also the headquarters of the Commissariat.
After the annexation to Italy in 1886, it got an important role in the industry and in the exploitation of hydraulic power. After the World War I it was the seat and the capital of the Magistracy.
Heavily damaged by the 1976 earthquake, Tarcento is nowadays mostly rebuilt.
Tetreus' Related Pages
Tarcento Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tarcento
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Tarcento?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tarcento
Photos in TarcentoSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 78 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lhaviyani Atholhu Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Sibculo Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tarvisio Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Israel Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Indonesia Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Norway Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Grand Canyon Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos