"Where the travel begins and everything may happen!" Tetreus's Profile

Hi to all of you travelers around the world!! It's nice to have this way of communicating with each other, don't you think?

Well, let's introduce ourselves!

My name is Andrea. I was born in Roma (Italy) in 1972. I lived in the "ethernal city" untill December 2004 when I moved with Janine to Udine, a nice town in the north eastern region of Italy called "Friuli Venezia Giulia". In 2001 I earned my Ph.D. in neurolinguistics. I teach neurolinguistics and cognitive neuroscience at the Universities of Rome and Udine. I am deeply interested in two things: How the brain works and how to have great travels around the world!!!!

And my name is Janine. I was born in 1973 in The Netherlands in a nice little village called Sibculo in the eastern part of Holland at the border with Germany ( see our Netherlands page ).
I moved to Roma in April 2002. In January 2005 I moved with Andrea to Friuli Venezia Giulia, the north eastern corner of Italy. I work freelance as a local counsellor for expats in Italy.

We love to travel and every excuse is good to go somewhere. We go often to Holland, Germany, Slovenia and Austria ( Friuli is a strategical region, since it is in the corner among Austria, Italy and Slovenia)

We married on May 23 2003!!
Just see our pictures of the honeymoontrip to the Maledives.

We both like it very much to live in the region Friuli Venezia-Giulia. It's a beautiful area where wild mountains and forests merge in the long-time urbanized areas. Within a 150 kms range we have sea, hills, flatlands, Alps, lakes, ancient towns and wild forests!!!! (see our Friuli page).

And we have another great news !
On november 9 2006 Livia Annika was born; our new little co-traveller !!
Immagine how many travels we'll do with her to show her this beautiful world !
If you want to see a picture of her..just look in the travelogue.

Just take a quick look at our pages and enjoy travelling !

Somewhere at the Arctic Highway

Up in the highlands of Norway.

The lakes of Fusine

On the borderline with Austria and Slovenia, there are two mountainlakes surrounded by the high snowy mountains.

Doesn't the lake looks like a mirror ?

The Slovenian mountainpass

In the National Park Narodni in Slovenia we have this beautiful pass at 1611 meters high with a spectaculair view.

The coastline of Trieste

A view from the castle of Duino.

Poppies in Friuli

Just behind our house.....a field full of poppies.

At a little lake in Holland

This picture is taken during the weddingparty of my brother.
For more pictures look in the travelogue of The Netherlands, Sibculo.

This is my Rome !

The Olympic stadium at Rome.
For more pictures look at our Rome-page.

• Intro Updated Jul 8, 2011

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2013 at 5:44 AM

Andrea, wishing you a fantastic birthday and a year packed with exciting travel!

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2013 at 2:46 AM

Hello Andrea. I do hope that you have the most wonderful birthday. Carole.

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Dear Andrea and Jean. I do hope that you both have happy birthdays.

Regards,
    Carole.

• Zvrlj's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Happy birthday (Andrea's or Janine's?)!!! Irena & Vladimir

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Just a lovely hp and great story of your travels and, especially, your little traveller, Livia Annika. Do hope to see more. All good thoughts and wishes to the 3 of you, Carol

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2009 at 6:54 AM

Happy Birthday. Enjoy little Livia and keep posting pictures for us VTers to see her grow.

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2008 at 2:06 AM

Buon compleanno (a chi tocca)! Ciao, Michele

• Jun 29, 2008 at 12:54 AM

Gratulerer med dagen - happy birthday!! (To one of you:o))

• WorldMeet2008's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2008 at 4:30 AM

Enjoyed your Israeli pages. Looking forward to meet you in Jerusalem. Avraham [FruitLover]

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!