"Sligo" Top 5 Page for this destination Sligo by J.I.M
Sligo Travel Guide: 153 reviews and 248 photos
I went to Sligo in July of 2002 with my friend Wayne (VT username: conflictrealms). We travelled there by flying to Belfast in Northern Ireland, then got a train to Dublin, before continuing by train to Sligo. It was a zig-zag of a journey, but it was the only way we could really do it efficiently.
We stayed there for a week, the first half of which we stayed at Strand Hill campsite, while the second half of the holiday was spent at Rosse's Point on the other side of Sligo City.
- Pros:Nice Scenery, pleasant people, quite quiet
- Cons:Not a whole load of attractions or nightlife
While we climbed Knocknarea we passed plenty of sheep, and though most of them simply ran off whenever we came close,... more travel advice
Benbulben is known as Sligo's "Table Mountain" and was a big inspiration towards poet W B Yeats. It's much bigger than... more travel advice
J.I.M's Related Pages
Sligo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sligeach: Land of my Ancestors!"
- "Diamond of the West Country"
- "Sligo - In Yeats Country"
- "Sligo, My First Adventure!"
- "Sligo & Leitrim Page"
- "Sligo Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sligo
- Hotels in Sligo
- Transportation in Sligo
- Nightlife in Sligo
- Restaurants in Sligo
- Shopping in Sligo
- Warnings and Dangers in Sligo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sligo
- 10 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Sligo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sligo
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 108 reviews, 110 photos
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 40 photos
- Florida Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sligo Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Portugal Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Ireland Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Spain Intro, 1 photo
- France Intro, 1 photo