"Jerico's San Francisco Page" San Francisco by JERICO

San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,131 reviews and 19,420 photos

"...And the golden time in the West was one dream."
- John Steinbeck, from "<I>The Grapes of Wrath</I>"

I lived in SF from 1999 through early 2001. A truly great city with a much different feel from any other city I've visited in the States. Its a nice mix of small-town and metropolitan city, with plenty of out-doors activity available within a 10-15 minute drive. And the views, of course, are spectacular - the bay, mountains in the distance, the Pacific, and the parks that are scattered throughout the city's neighborhoods. Even the fog - which is thick and <I>cold</I> - makes for some amazing views when it creeps under the Golden Gate bridge like a finger, or when it rolls over the hills and looks like a waterfall in slow motion.

The online magazine <B>SF Gate</B> has some great live cams around SF, check them out <A HREF="http://www.sfgate.com/liveviews/">here</A>. Also, the <B>Exploratorium</B> science musuem has a cool <I>controllable</I> web-cam <A HREF="http://events.exploratorium.edu/CAM2/index.html"> here</A>, which is located on the roof of their building on the Marina.

The picture above is a view to the North-west from the <B>Transamerica</B> building (which I captured from the SF Gate live webcam). The big street in the middle is <B>Columbus</B>, which runs from downtwown and through <B>North Beach</B> all the way to <B>Fisherman's Wharf</B>. <B>Alcatraz</B> is the little island on the extreme right edge, the large mountain in the center is <B>Mt. Tamalpais</B>, and the larger island just above Alcatraz is <B>Angel Island</B>.

• Intro Written Sep 11, 2002

JERICO

“Going headlong into the unknown...”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in San Francisco

Have you been to San Francisco?

Latest Activity in San Francisco