"Jerico's San Francisco Page" San Francisco by JERICO
San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,131 reviews and 19,420 photos
"...And the golden time in the West was one dream."
- John Steinbeck, from "<I>The Grapes of Wrath</I>"
I lived in SF from 1999 through early 2001. A truly great city with a much different feel from any other city I've visited in the States. Its a nice mix of small-town and metropolitan city, with plenty of out-doors activity available within a 10-15 minute drive. And the views, of course, are spectacular - the bay, mountains in the distance, the Pacific, and the parks that are scattered throughout the city's neighborhoods. Even the fog - which is thick and <I>cold</I> - makes for some amazing views when it creeps under the Golden Gate bridge like a finger, or when it rolls over the hills and looks like a waterfall in slow motion.
The online magazine <B>SF Gate</B> has some great live cams around SF, check them out <A HREF="http://www.sfgate.com/liveviews/">here</A>. Also, the <B>Exploratorium</B> science musuem has a cool <I>controllable</I> web-cam <A HREF="http://events.exploratorium.edu/CAM2/index.html"> here</A>, which is located on the roof of their building on the Marina.
The picture above is a view to the North-west from the <B>Transamerica</B> building (which I captured from the SF Gate live webcam). The big street in the middle is <B>Columbus</B>, which runs from downtwown and through <B>North Beach</B> all the way to <B>Fisherman's Wharf</B>. <B>Alcatraz</B> is the little island on the extreme right edge, the large mountain in the center is <B>Mt. Tamalpais</B>, and the larger island just above Alcatraz is <B>Angel Island</B>.
Yet another excellent restaurant that is off the tourist path is Plouf - a small French restaurant with perhaps the best... more travel advice
A favorite pastime of mine when I lived in SF was having breakfast at Polkers on Polk Street between Vallejo and Green... more travel advice
JERICO's Related Pages
San Francisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bagdad by the Bay"
- "San Francisco - My Favorie City - By Default"
- "San Francisco - "It's a free-for-all up there!""
- "SFO ... a declassé love letter to the CITY"
- "San Francisco: Why this heart never leaves"
- "I Left My Heart..."
- "San Francisco is Really Shaking Things Up!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Francisco
- Hotels in San Francisco
- Transportation in San Francisco
- Nightlife in San Francisco
- Restaurants in San Francisco
- Shopping in San Francisco
- Warnings and Dangers in San Francisco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Francisco
- 12 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Francisco
- Posted in Travel Malta Forum "Re: English language school"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Walk across the Golden Gate..."
- created a San Francisco Travel Page "Jerico's San Francisco Page"
- Wrote a Review Yet another excellent... about Plouf in San Francisco Restaurants
- Commented on one of giampiero6's San Francisco travel pages
Photos in San FranciscoSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 18 reviews, 12 photos
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 9 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Italy Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Scottsdale Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Hoboken Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos