"Home base..." JERICO's Profile
Well, another relo for me. I am now living and working in Connecticut (Rowayton), and eagerly awaiting the end of winter - there wasn't as much snow as I expected (feared?) but it was enough to get me yearning for warmer weather.
Any other Connecticuters out there? I need some friends out here - so let me know if anyone is local!
"I am sleeping under strange, strange skies..." - The Rolling Stones, from Moonlight Mile
Here are some of my favorite travel-relatable quotes from books and songs:
"Up ahead they's a thousan' lives we might live, but when it comes, it'll only be one... You got to live ahead 'cause you're so young."
"The people in flight from the terror behind - strange things happen to them, some bitterly cruel and some so beautiful that the faith is refired forever."
- both John Steinbeck, from "The Grapes of Wrath"
"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life."
- Jack Kerouac, from "On the Road"
"A man brought in a light supper, and the young men sat down to it for form's sake. They drank, however: it was Bohemian. They drank Ireland, England, France, Hungary, the United States of America."
- James Joyce, from "The Dubliners"
"The thought of going somewhere took me into the station. I scanned the time-tables on the walls; drank some wine and tried to come to my senses. Then the spectre that I went in dread of came nearer, till I saw it plain. It was the dread of returning to my room and coming to a halt there, faced by my despair."
- Hermann Hesse, from "Steppenwolf"
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy, from "Ode"
"And so these parties divided upon that midnight plain, each passing back the way the other had come, pursuing as all travelers must inversions without end upon other men's journeys."
- Cormac McCarthy, from "Blood Meridian"
Right. I would love people's input on a hot topic of debate amongst my friends and I: what are the best bars in the world that you are aware of? I need more international bars/pubs, but here's what I have so far:
1. Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop - New Orleans, Louisiana
2. The Grenadier - London
3. John Street Bar and Grille - NY, NY
4. Igor's - New Orleans, Louisiana
5. Sam's - Tiburon, California
6. Windsor Castle - London
7. The Hard Rock - Las Vegas, Nevada
8. Chumley's - NY, NY
9. Shanghai Kelly's - San Francisco, CA
10. Monk's Cafe - Philadelphia, PA
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 100 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- JERICO and spartan are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Home base..."
- updated a Belfast Travel Page "What I Did in Belfast - 4 Fantastic Pubs"
- Commented on picklegirl's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "One of my favorite bars in..."
- Wrote a Review A posh, trendy restaurant for a fun dinner in Malta Restaurants
- Posted in Travel Malta Forum "Re: English language school"
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 18 reviews, 12 photos
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 9 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Italy Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Scottsdale Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Hoboken Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos