Finkenberg Hotel Tips by Scarlie
Finkenberg Hotels: 75 reviews and 0 photos
We were three families, no children, but in various ages from 20 to 60. Overall, we are satisfied with the experience, altho somewhat disappointed.
The hotel has a new and old wing, and there is quite a difference in the room size and interior between the two. Some of the rooms in the old wing are billed as 3 stars, but I would question even that (for example, there was tiny toilet and shower bundled together, but the sink was in the room!) If you are using your room to sleep overnight, then there is no problem, but if you are looking for more comfort and space, the old wing is not for you. At the same time, most family hotels in Austria do have small rooms.
The food was not WOW but was plenty, with buffet style breakfast, and salad bar for dinner to accompany 3-course meal. As usual, there is a problem for vegetarians, as the choice is mainly between schnitzel, schnitzel and schnitzel. You can order fondu (cheese or meet) for small additional charge, but do make sure they understand you (we ordered cheese and got meat!).
Most of the staff does not speak English, but they are very eager to help. If you happen to know any of the east-european languages (Croatian, Serbian, Bulgarian, etc.) you may stand a better chance with the help.
There is not much to say about the fitness centre and the kids playroom, apart from "don't go". The fitness equipment doesn't work, and the playroom is small and unsupervised.
Also, light sleepers may have problems with noise at night.
Unique Qualities: Certainly, the showpiece of the hotel is the relax centre - jacuzzi, sauna, steam bath, and other things I don't even know the names of. The only problem is that everyone walks around stark naked, which even if apparently the accepted practice, might be quite disturbing.
Address: Dorf 131, A-6292 Finkenberg
Comparison: about average
Directions: As you come up from Mayrhofen and enter Finkenberg, it's about half kilometer on your right.
Other Contact: email@example.com
More Reviews (1)
Scarlie's Related Pages
Finkenberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- Create a Finkenberg Travel Page
Explore the World
- Park Elegance Kempinski Hotel
- Colorado Central Station Casino Hotel
- Hyatt Regency - Oak Brook
- Kingsgate Resort
- Sofitel Sharm El Sheikh
- All Seasons Adelaide Meridien
- Discovery Suites
- JW Marriott Hotel Seoul
- Agua Caliente Hotel and Mineral Water Spa
- Great Wolf Lodge - Poconos Pa
- Hotel Sonya
- Bristol Hotel
- Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort
Badges & Stats in Finkenberg
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Finkenberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Finkenberg
Read real reviews about Finkenberg Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Sofia Intro, 46 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 32 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos
- Delhi 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Ardennes Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Gurgaon Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Gooik Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Finkenberg hotel reviews
- Hotel Eberl
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013