"My Old Hometown" Ben Lomond by MDH
Ben Lomond Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 22 photos
Ben Lomond is where I grew up for the first 22 years of my life. Nothing special's here, to tell you the truth. No beach. No Eiffel Tower. Not much of anything, really...but it's home, and a beautiful small town of 3500 people, located in the redwood forest-covered San Lorenzo Valley just north of Santa Cruz and south of San Jose.
Coming into Ben Lomond, you probably won't think that you're only 15 minutes from the beach or near one of the largest metropolitan areas in the United States. Instead, Ben Lomond exudes a feeling that makes you think you were in Northern Washington or Eastern Oregon--a small town in the forest, isolated from civilization. But Ben Lomond is well worth a short visit, to explore a typical quiet Northern Californian town.
- Pros:Ben Lomond is quiet, friendly, nice and charming, and never far away from the city or the beach.
- Cons:This isn't a big city with tons of attractions. It's Small Town, U.S.A.
- In a nutshell:If you're travelling up Highway 9 through the San Lorenzo Valley, Ben Lomond is worth a few minutes to explore and relax.
By no means is Ben Lomond a dangerous town. Crime is extremely infrequent, with the occasional break-in and fight being... more travel advice
Henflings is Ben Lomond's live venue, which dubs also as a biker hangout, a watering hole for locals, rest stop for... more travel advice
MDH's Related Pages
Ben Lomond Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hamlet in the Santa Cruz Mountains"
- "My Old Hometown"
- "Ben Lomond - settled by Scottish Immigrants"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ben Lomond
- Nightlife in Ben Lomond
- Restaurants in Ben Lomond
- Warnings and Dangers in Ben Lomond
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ben Lomond
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ben Lomond?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ben Lomond
Photos in Ben LomondSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Ottawa Intro, 24 reviews, 21 photos
- Victoria Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Santa Cruz Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Jose Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Montreal Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos