"Dominican Republic - Bayahibe" Bayahibe by rkopriva
Bayahibe Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 207 photos
The story of a totally screwed and fabulous Springbreak
Some friends and me wanted to go somewhere South this springbreak (2001). We were on an exchange semester at the UIUC in CHAMPAIGN, IL and after two months there we were a bit tired of the weather there. We bought stand-by vouchers for flights to Mexico or the Carribean. Originally we intended to go to Cancun but after we had waited for several hours at O'Hare and finally the flight to Cancun that day was sold out we had to change our destination. Obviously we would not wait till the day after for the next flight to Cancun but we didn't know where to go else. After some debating we just asked whereto the next flight would be and if they had still four seats left. They said to Punta Cana and yes. After we found out where Punta Cana was we took the tickets and four hours later we were standing on the airfield in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic under the Carribean sun.
- Pros:small, quiet place; good for relaxing.
- Cons:small, quiet place ;-)
- In a nutshell:flee the masses!
Go diving. There are beautiful places in the area around Bayahibe and there are a lot of small businesses that offer... more travel advice
Saona - beautiful island, great beaches, not too many people - and Piscina Natural - great place for snorkeling - get... more travel advice
rkopriva's Related Pages
Bayahibe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The real Bayahibe..."
- "Beach, sand and sun... and more..."
- "Bayahibe area: probably the best in DR"
- "Dominican Republic - Bayahibe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bayahibe
- Hotels in Bayahibe
- Transportation in Bayahibe
- Nightlife in Bayahibe
- Restaurants in Bayahibe
- Shopping in Bayahibe
- Warnings and Dangers in Bayahibe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bayahibe
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 40 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Bayahibe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bayahibe
Top 5 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bayahibe Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Champaign Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos