"Georgetown....an old mining town west of Denver" Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown by Jeannette1
Georgetown Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 75 photos
Georgetown is a beautiful old silver mining town which was in 1870 the third largest city in Colorado.
Today it only has about 1088 inhabitants.
It's a charming town and I would highly recommend a visit for anyone interested in the "old west" history.
Unlike many other mining towns, Georgetown was never destroyed by fire. It still has about 200 original buildings still standing in the historical district (6th Street).
- Pros:charming, laid-back atmosphere, beautiful original buildings, interesting museum(Hotel de Paris)
- Cons:I imagine it gets cold in the winter months
- In a nutshell:Don't miss visiting Georgetown if you are interested in history
bread, pastries and sandwiches in this small grocery store/restaurant. more travel advice
Jeannette1's Related Pages
Georgetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Georgetown....an old mining town west of Denver"
- "Georgetown, Colorado"
- "One of Colorado's Best Towns"
- "Queen of the Silver Camps"
- "Georgetown- My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Georgetown
- Hotels in Georgetown
- Restaurants in Georgetown
- Shopping in Georgetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Georgetown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Georgetown
- 9 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Georgetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Georgetown
Photos in GeorgetownSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Sacramento Intro, 26 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 24 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- California Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 21 photos
- Alaska Intro, 18 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Norway Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Massachusetts Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Bourges Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos