"A small village in France profonde" La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin by Jeannette1
La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 14 photos
My mother lives in this small village (3,500 people) in the center of France.
It's a typical small French village of about 5,000 people. It's does not get many tourists and is not listed in any guide books. Yet, it reflects the typical lifestyle of many French people in rural France.
You see people going to get their daily bread in the morning, mothers going to pick up their children at school for the long lunch break, men having an "aperitif" at the local cafe and young people hanging out at night on the square in front of the Church.
- Pros:safe, lovely small village atmosphere
- Cons:a little boring for younger people
- In a nutshell:A typical small village in France
About once a year, people of this small town have what Americans would call a "garage sale" except that it's not in... more travel advice
dangerous animals :-) Everyday, we would walk to the boulangerie to get our bread (notice the French baguette in my... more travel advice
Jeannette1's Related Pages
La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A small village in France profonde"
- "Want to get off the beaten track?"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin
- Posted in Travel Venice Forum "Medium priced restaurants in Venice"
- Wrote a Review La Brocante in La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Christmas in La Chapelle"
- Uploaded a Video to La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin
- Commented on one of Beausoleil's La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin travel pages
- updated a La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin Travel Page "A small village in France profonde"
Photos in La Chapelle-Saint-UrsinSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Sacramento Intro, 26 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 24 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- California Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 21 photos
- Alaska Intro, 18 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Norway Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Massachusetts Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Bourges Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos