""YOUR @SS is GRASS!:" Top 5 Page for this destination Kenya by safardreams
Kenya Travel Guide: 4,328 reviews and 11,606 photos
Will be updating to coinside with my sept 2004,june 2005,oct 2005 visit soon.Then again, maybe not.
I had ELEPHANT charged in TSAVO
WEST 2001. TSAVO EAST,2002!
These were not mock-charges!!
If our truck got stuck in any way.
Say goodbye to our LAND-ROVER!!
I said even on my first trip to KENYA.
The ELEPHANTS temperament in
KENYA is more aggressive than in
ZIMBABWE! They are either afraid
or angry at the trucks! Some though,
just quietly and slowly walk away.
Hoping they haven't been seen.
Some, don't mind being looked at!
Just do it quietly and slowly. Be realy to get out of there!!
The KENYA 10/01 trip was just after our 9/11!! There wasn't anything going to stop me from going!! I don't care!! But the first KENYA safari was not better than ZIMBABWE. Just different! Some strange insects. An
ELEPHANT charge. A lioness wanting to jump into our truck.LIONS
in camp. ElEPHANTS just outside camp!! BIG-FIRES! Many HYENA
feeding!! Great SUN-SETS!!
WAS THE BEST YET! I will admit!
TIME with the KENYA WILDLIFE SERVICE! Two ELEPHANT charges.
More LION / ELEPHANTS near camp. We had IMPALA. BABOON, VERVITS, WATER-BUCK, ELEPHANTS & GIRAFFE in or near camp. Two major WILDERBEAST
crossings at the MARA-RIVER.
ARDVARK, of all things! Many dead
bodies, and bones this year!! We
even saw what they called TANZANIAN LIONS We took a ride to the TANZANIAN BORDER!
BIG-FIRES, GREAT FOOD! THE BEST CREW IN KENYA!!
The color photo TSAVO-EAST 2002.
The black n white TSAVOWEST 2001.
Face the Facts | Big Issue | Financial Standard | Maddo | Pulse | Style | Society
Friday, March 12, 2004
I commend the Government and Kenya Wildlife Service for starting the elephant translocation project.
It is easy for man to crush, kill and destroy. It takes much bigger men to work on a great plan like this one.
Accept nature as it is and work around nature.
I love Tsavo and next time I visit, I would love to see huge herds of elephants. I cannot imagine that Kenya had 170,000 elephants 40 years ago. What an awesome sight that must have been.
In TSAVO-WEST 2001. We waited
for almost 1hr. for something to happen. We stayed away hoping
the LIONS will have a chance at
ZEBRA. There were 3 females 1 male. It's really hot, the ZEBRA saw
them and the LIONS are upset! So,
when we backed up to get some pics. The head LIONESS was not pleased. As you could see by her look she wanted us! She really
lunged 2 times at us. At the same time snapping her tail on the ground! When she lunged the 2nd
time. James pulled me down and we drove off a bit. Time to have a:
The KENYA 10/02 safari! On the way to DREAM CAMP, TALEK RIVER!
My driver and I saw HYENA chase
around WILDERBEAST! Next we saw this LIONESS use our truck for
cover and go after this ZEBRA in the low water!! I have shots of all this!
On this 2001 safari I saw a few LION chases! I won't say just yet if the ZEBRA got caught! I'll save that for the T-LOG!!
- Pros:PLENTY of game! Good drivers. EXCITING!!
- Cons:Sometimes, other travelers can be FOOLISH!
- In a nutshell:PEOPLE NEED TO KEEP VISITING!!
POACHERS! DEAD ELEPHANTS. MY MISSION and JOURNEY on the 2002 SAFARI. Please go look at the T-L: Dedicated To The Kenya... more travel advice
Hyena, this is the best looking one I have. Like many other animals they were or could still be thought of as VERMIN.... more travel advice
- My Own Playground
- See All Lake Nakuru
- See All Drought Kills!
- See All Fresh Blood!-3
- The Final BLAZE! 2002
safardreams' Related Pages
Kenya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jamhuri ya Kenya"
- "Mombasa & once around the National Parks"
- ""YOUR @SS is GRASS!:"
- "Working in Kenia"
- "AMBOSELI SAFARI!!"
- "KENYA, JAMBO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kenya
- Hotels in Kenya
- Transportation in Kenya
- Nightlife in Kenya
- Restaurants in Kenya
- Shopping in Kenya
- Warnings and Dangers in Kenya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kenya
- 485 Reviews
- 666 Photos
- 65 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Kenya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kenya
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: the planned serengeti highway"
- updated a Kenya Travelogue "Eles!They DESERVE Better than what MAN gives them!"
- Commented on one of Myndo's Kenya travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "My LAND-CRUISER of Kenya 2005"
- Wrote a Review TSAVO EAST'S, FORBIDDEN ZONE! in Kenya Warnings and Dangers
Photos in KenyaSee All Photos (666)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 150 reviews, 185 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kenya Intro, 100 reviews, 165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 75 reviews, 100 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zimbabwe Intro, 75 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tsavo National Park West Intro, 61 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 66 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tsavo National Park East Intro, 50 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 67 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amboseli National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 35 reviews, 38 photos