"Bwindi's Tough & Beautiful Jungle" Bwindi National Park by safardreams
Bwindi National Park Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 32 photos
Well I am still messed in the head from this trip. Can't stop thinking about it for many reasons. The people in Uganda are great. The landscape there and in Kenya. The wilds of the jungle & bush. Even from the truck, it was unreal. The hiking and tracking I did. Could not ask for much more. Of course the people I saw again. The new people I've met this time. My Kenyan driver Kashu said two things: What is it with you and these African ladies & You make friends all over : ) I guess thats a good thing. My note book is getting full of phone numbers, e-mails & addresses. The tour op. from Great Lakes Safaris in Uganda. She said to me. "You better not loose that book. You will be in big trouble,lol". If anyone has the chance to go visit the Gorillas & Chimps. Go do it. Pretty awesome. I am already thinking of doing the Gorilla thing in Rwanda next year. Of course with Great Lakes Safaris. We are good friends now. Just like my tour op. in Kenya. Even while in Kenya. Kashu and I were already planning another trip. Maybe to the
Serengetti in Jan or Feb 2006. Then I will go to Rwanda for June 2006.
I found out why I like to travel alone. I had this girl from HK come along with me on this the Uganda portion. She saw my trip on the web. She mailed, then she went. But, near the end. Our cultures got in the way. I am so out there, friendly, silly, don't get tired ect. Her, well you get the picture. Then she said something to our Ugandan driver that i didn't like. I was so pissed at her. I went off the wall. I had to walk away. Our driver tried to calm me down. Saying it's ok. But it wasn't ok. Any way, I could have lowered my self. But I didn't. OK, after you complete your Gorilla treks. They give you this certificate.She left hers in the pouch on the back-side of the seat in the truck. She forgot about them. When they were dropping me off at my place in Entebbe. I came so close to not saying anything about it. Then tapped her on the shoulder and gave them to her. She never said thanks or good bye. Needless to say. She won't be getting any videos or pics from me. I didn't expect to hear from her. I haven't. Other than that, Uganda was great!
- Pros:Exciting, Beautiful, Safe & WORTH it!
- Cons:Depending on the Gorilla Group. The park edge could be a hike in it self.
- In a nutshell:You need two TREKS. But you can request more. DO IT!
safardreams' Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Bwindi National Park
- 0 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Bwindi National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bwindi National Park
Photos in Bwindi National ParkSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 150 reviews, 185 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kenya Intro, 100 reviews, 165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 75 reviews, 100 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zimbabwe Intro, 75 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tsavo National Park West Intro, 61 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 66 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tsavo National Park East Intro, 50 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 67 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amboseli National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 35 reviews, 38 photos