"Bwindi's Tough & Beautiful Jungle" Bwindi National Park by safardreams

Bwindi National Park Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 32 photos

Hike for the GREAT APES!

Well I am still messed in the head from this trip. Can't stop thinking about it for many reasons. The people in Uganda are great. The landscape there and in Kenya. The wilds of the jungle & bush. Even from the truck, it was unreal. The hiking and tracking I did. Could not ask for much more. Of course the people I saw again. The new people I've met this time. My Kenyan driver Kashu said two things: What is it with you and these African ladies & You make friends all over : ) I guess thats a good thing. My note book is getting full of phone numbers, e-mails & addresses. The tour op. from Great Lakes Safaris in Uganda. She said to me. "You better not loose that book. You will be in big trouble,lol". If anyone has the chance to go visit the Gorillas & Chimps. Go do it. Pretty awesome. I am already thinking of doing the Gorilla thing in Rwanda next year. Of course with Great Lakes Safaris. We are good friends now. Just like my tour op. in Kenya. Even while in Kenya. Kashu and I were already planning another trip. Maybe to the
Serengetti in Jan or Feb 2006. Then I will go to Rwanda for June 2006.
I found out why I like to travel alone. I had this girl from HK come along with me on this the Uganda portion. She saw my trip on the web. She mailed, then she went. But, near the end. Our cultures got in the way. I am so out there, friendly, silly, don't get tired ect. Her, well you get the picture. Then she said something to our Ugandan driver that i didn't like. I was so pissed at her. I went off the wall. I had to walk away. Our driver tried to calm me down. Saying it's ok. But it wasn't ok. Any way, I could have lowered my self. But I didn't. OK, after you complete your Gorilla treks. They give you this certificate.She left hers in the pouch on the back-side of the seat in the truck. She forgot about them. When they were dropping me off at my place in Entebbe. I came so close to not saying anything about it. Then tapped her on the shoulder and gave them to her. She never said thanks or good bye. Needless to say. She won't be getting any videos or pics from me. I didn't expect to hear from her. I haven't. Other than that, Uganda was great!

The PERMIT MONEY keeps these ALIVE!

Friendly Locals at the Bwindi Canteen

• Pros:Exciting, Beautiful, Safe & WORTH it!
  • Cons:Depending on the Gorilla Group. The park edge could be a hike in it self.
  • In a nutshell:You need two TREKS. But you can request more. DO IT!
  • Last visit to Bwindi National Park: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 29, 2005

• oases's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2006 at 1:30 AM

I love this page, great pictuers Dave :)

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2005 at 11:06 PM

Hi David, Looks like you had a great tip to Uganda. It looks very impressive! Now you are going to Kenya again and I wish you another wonderful trip!

• kentishgirl's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2005 at 12:40 AM

Fantastic piccies! I am in Kampala at the mo and shall be Gorilla Trekking early next week! Ali

• LBKesner's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2005 at 12:17 PM

Nice shots! Aren't they amazing?

• Krumel's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2005 at 3:28 AM

Hiya, it must have been so amazing to see these gorillas in the wild. A very special experience indeed! Thanks for sharing.

• irisbe's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2005 at 9:39 AM

oh you had a great time again! I can see! I agree, Ugandese are very friendly. We miss our fiend Sam already since he went back home and we hope to see him and his family again soon or some day.

• alikat24's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2005 at 4:00 AM

REALLY looking forward to reading about Uganda David.It's on my wish list to see the Gorilla's!I'm so envious!!Still haven't done my Kenya pages yet,But have just come back from Botswana,Zambia and Mozambique.Now the work is really piled up for my pages.

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2005 at 10:56 AM

Hee David, you did see them !! ..... the gorillas !!

safardreams

“my Taita and I at the local cruise night.”

Badges & Stats in Bwindi National Park

Have you been to Bwindi National Park?

Latest Activity in Bwindi National Park