"AMBOSELI: DUST BOWL & SWAMP!" Top 5 Page for this destination Amboseli National Park by safardreams
Amboseli National Park Travel Guide: 120 reviews and 376 photos
Amboseli Reserve: Located in the Rift Valley, on the border of Tanzania. North West of "KILIMANJARO"! A small reserve
only 392sq.km.! To me ,it looks BIGGER! One of Kenya's more popular reserves.You can see the snow capped peak of KILIMANJARO,
from all over! Made into a reserve in
1974, even though small and very
fragile. There are plenty of game here. Also, many Birds. It is also home to the Masai people. Who share and live with the wild animals in harmony. Most of the time!
What I found most amazing about this place: Were the huge:
DUST DEVILS! Never seen one before! Also what looked like water.
Were really MIRAGES! The guys were teasing me about this.We kept
driving to a spot, no water. You can see some of the animals following
the water, but no water!
Kilimanjaro's melting snow feeds
the swamps and ponds. It is being
said now though. In 10 or 20 yrs.
there will not be any snow to melt!
Give you one guess why! Man has
Amboseli, many Elephant here. This is the place of the:
Cynthia Moss, Elephant Project!
Started about 30yrs ago. But, also Lion, Buffalo, Zebra, Hyena ect.
Supposed to be Cheetah, didn't see
any! At times very dusty. Keep your
camera covered when you see dust flying your way from a passing:
MINNI-BUS! Because of the delicate
nature of the park. You are NOT
allowed to drive off-road!! The swamps are beautiful. There is also
a place called:Observation Hill, that
you can walk up. I suggest staying
in one of the Public Camp-sites.
With a BIG-FIRE!!
With a few visitors near camp!
Baboons and Maribu Storks crossing paths to the garbage pit!
Fun to watch really! Bring some:
Black N White film!! Many Elephant
Babies the time I visited.
From Dust to Bright Green! It would be a SIN for this to vanish someday!
Hope it won't! I have been trying to
find the names of both of these
Elephants here. Because of the Project, they all have names!
We have a Male: Water-Buck, blending in with sand!
This BULL-ELEPHANT must and will have his own T-LOGUE!! I know his name. I know where he travels! I
know how he lost his TUSK!!
If he had both TUSKS, he would be PERFECT! There is no way, without
being there to get a grasp on how big his SKULL is!
AWESOME!! Coming right at us!
- Pros:Easy to find almost everthing!, Many Elephants!
- Cons:The Dust!
- In a nutshell:Peaceful place, worth a 3nt. stay!
Almost done with AMBOSELI! Next will be the T-LOGUE!! 10/2001 more travel advice
ELEPHANTS always a treat for me! But, the best is yet to come!! 102001 more travel advice
- See All BLACK n WHITE FILM
- See All "READY FOR BATTLE"
- See All TOO EARLY TO BE SO DARK!
- See All TRYING TO GET, A-HEAD!!
safardreams' Related Pages
Amboseli National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the Shadows of Mt Kilimanjaro"
- "AMBOSELI: DUST BOWL & SWAMP!"
- "In the shadow of the Kilimanjaro"
- "On the foot of Kilimanjaro"
- "Amboseli National Park"
- "Elephants of Amboseli"
- "AMBOSELI 1"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amboseli National Park
- Hotels in Amboseli National Park
- Transportation in Amboseli National Park
- Nightlife in Amboseli National Park
- Restaurants in Amboseli National Park
- Shopping in Amboseli National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Amboseli National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amboseli National Park
- 57 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Amboseli National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amboseli National Park
- updated a Amboseli National Park Travelogue "ambolseli elephant, M283-Bongo"
- Uploaded a Photo to "ambolseli elephant, M283-Bongo"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: the planned serengeti highway"
- Commented on one of Krumel's Amboseli National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Almost OUT-3! in Amboseli National Park Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Amboseli National ParkSee All Photos (70)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 150 reviews, 185 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kenya Intro, 100 reviews, 165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 75 reviews, 100 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zimbabwe Intro, 75 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tsavo National Park West Intro, 61 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 66 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tsavo National Park East Intro, 50 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 67 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amboseli National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 35 reviews, 38 photos