""PRETTY LAKE-NAKURU PARK"" Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Nakuru National Park by safardreams
Lake Nakuru National Park Travel Guide: 215 reviews and 637 photos
NAKURU PARK, really a RHINO
SANCTUARY. There are many RHINO here. WHITE & BLACK!
They are a bit boring, they pretty much just hang around. They are so used to the trucks. But, if you get out of your truck near them. YOUR DEAD MEAT!!
You have some tree climing LIONS here. That was a first for me. The
BABOONS were busting the LION'S
chops!! No way the LIONS will get
them up there! It was funny, the BABOONS were peeing on them, and throwing sticks!! What a treat!!
My second snake!! A PUFF-ADER!!
Beautiful snake. The first snake, also a PUFF-ADER was in TSAVO-WEST. Love these snakes. But don't get BIT!!!!!
You also, have what everyone knows. All of the FLAMINGOS!! Maybe 1,000,000 of them at certain
times! There are many other birds here as well. I think I have here in
this pic, YELLOW-BILLED STORKS.
When we pulled into camp. I knew
right away, I wanted to stay 3 nights!!
It is so pretty here. With all the :
YELLOW BARK ACACIA TREES!!
Worth a visit. It's just too bad it's small. No ELEPHANTS, couldn't
hold them. Only about 12 or 15 LIONS here. But again, worth a visit!
MANY MANY BABOONS here. I think
about 8 or 9 thousand is what they said. If you visit, watch out!! The
RANGERS have to come to the camps and chase them off with
blanks in the guns!! Yes I have a story or two about the BABOONS here!
This guy, next to the road. He just sat there didn't care. But he let me take his pic!!
Only a couple of places you can get
out of your truck. On top of the hill
above the lake. At the lake as long as your gude says it's safe! It's nice to see this stuff at ground-level.
With the earth under your feet!!
That was the only thing I missed
here. Unlike ZIMBABWE, your not
supposed to get out of your truck!
But beautiful none-the-less!
- Pros:VERY PRETTY, 4 OF THE BIG-5 ARE HERE, MANY BIRDS!
- Cons:NO ELEPHANTS, TOO SMALL!
- In a nutshell:WORTH A VISIT!!
The RHINOS are protected here. They are doing well. Almost all were POACHED OUT!! COWARDS! Nice to see this little guy... more travel advice
- See All BABOONS & VERVITS ALL OVER CAMP!!
- See All PINK n BLUE!!
- See All LAST SUNRISE AT LAKE NAKURU!
- See All TAKE CARE OF YOUR GARBAGE, DON'T FEED...
- See All "LETS GET OUT AND WALK A BIT"
safardreams' Related Pages
Lake Nakuru National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""PRETTY LAKE-NAKURU PARK""
- "Lake Nakuru National Park"
- "Nakuru : Home of the Flamingos"
- "Flamingoe's country"
- "Lifes Good"
- "Birdwatcher's Paradise & Home to the White Rhino"
- "Lake Nakuru National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake Nakuru National Park
- Hotels in Lake Nakuru National Park
- Transportation in Lake Nakuru National Park
- Nightlife in Lake Nakuru National Park
- Restaurants in Lake Nakuru National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Lake Nakuru National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lake Nakuru National Park
- 67 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Lake Nakuru National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Nakuru National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: the planned serengeti highway"
- Commented on one of Myndo's Lake Nakuru National Park travel pages
- updated a Lake Nakuru National Park Travel Page ""PRETTY LAKE-NAKURU PARK""
- Uploaded a Photo to ""PRETTY LAKE-NAKURU PARK""
- Wrote a Review LITTLE RHINO! in Lake Nakuru National Park Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Lake Nakuru National ParkSee All Photos (70)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 150 reviews, 185 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kenya Intro, 100 reviews, 165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 75 reviews, 100 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zimbabwe Intro, 75 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tsavo National Park West Intro, 61 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 66 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tsavo National Park East Intro, 50 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 67 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amboseli National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 35 reviews, 38 photos