"ZIMBABWE! "MY FIRST ADVENTURE"" Top 5 Page for this destination Zimbabwe by safardreams
Zimbabwe Travel Guide: 1,271 reviews and 3,469 photos
Going to Zimbabwe was really a
stroke of luck. Also, I was cutting it close! I didn't know where to start looking for safaris. I called one of
WILDLIFE ORG. I belonged to at
the time. They turned me to a CO.
called: NATURAL HABITAT ADVENTURES. They sent what they had. Most too much money. But
they had this Zimbabwe safari.
Looked very interesting and it was the best safari for the money.
There was camping, small group,
land-rover, hiking, and tracking.
Sounded really great! IT WAS!!
This photo is my favorite!! It's the one
I blow up and give to people.
After a 7 mile hike and not seeing much. We all were a little disappointed our guide included.
Went back to camp to shower and rest. After a number of animals came into camp. I am the only one of us who saw all this. This BIG BULL ELEPHANT pushed his way
into camp. I was lying on the floor
with the lens out the screen of my tent. After this pic. I covered myself
to hide and be quiet. Don't know what was going on after this pic for
a few mints. Then I lifted my head.
Saw he passed by. I got out like a
fool. Took some back-end shots
as he was leaving. Not knowing any-
thing about the wind. Not knowing
our guide went for a jog in the bush.
Everyone esle was asleep!! I had
this big guy all to my self!!!! YES, it
made up for the hike!! But later on
our game drive we had another treat!
The KING here is hard to see. But once you focus on this guy. He Is HANDSOME. His coat and color of the ZIMBABWE dry season hides
him perfectly. We didn't see that many LIONS in ZIMBABWE. They are here , there was plenty of death and spores and roars. This PRIDE,
in MATUSADONA PARK, has good LION. There were at about 4 FEMALES. This 1 BIG-MALE. We didn't get out of our truck here. But I did take a shot hanging at a funny angle out of the truck. But what we did have to do was. Because our truck had a bad starter. We had to get out and PUSH! We had about 5 adult LIONS watching us do this.
Exciting believe it or NOT. There was a lot of BUFFALO DEATH. One thing we did notice. We did not see
one LION CUBS! Thought that was
strange. But in any case, it is great to hear them. Even better to try and track and find them.
It is better to visit these places in the height of the dry season. Easier to
spot the wildlife. I myself, love the color. Although, most of ZIMBABWE
has been in a drought for 2yrs. Hope
it ends soon. Also plan on going back in 2005.
My last photo of WILD ZIMBABWE!
Canoing and Camping on the banks
of the ZAMBEZI. Zambia across the
river. Peaceful as can be. With the
SNORTS of HIPPOS. We even had a young BULL ELEPHANT hang around our last tent in line. Which
our canoe guide VICTOR had to scare away. The BULL just walked off slowly.
They call the ZAMBEZI :
"THE WATER OF LIFE" Flows through 6-COUNTRIES!! With it's
VICTORIA FALLS, I have a page on that. There is much WILDLIFE in and
around the MIGHTY ZAMBEZI.
Take the SAFARI, take the ADVENTURE!! You won't regret it!!
- Pros:Being able to get out on foot!
- Cons:Right now the country is in a bit of trouble!
- In a nutshell:A beautiful country!
With a HUGE BULL ELEPHANT. That looks like he's coming at you. He did turn around after abit. To join up with a herd. We... more travel advice
In CHIZARIRA PARK. Very wild, very remote. This is my first pile of ELEPHANT BONES. Not knowing what I would see in... more travel advice
- See All Big As A House!
- See All ZAMBEZI CANOE
- See All Only a Candle & Flash Light
- See All The Early Camp Fires!
- See All Leave The Skin!
safardreams' Related Pages
Zimbabwe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ZIMBABWE! "MY FIRST ADVENTURE""
- "COLLAPSING BEAUTY"
- "Zimbabwe - Beautiful and diverse"
- "Zimbabwe - I cry for you"
- "Fierce Creatures in Zimbabwe"
- "Here's a few million dollars. Welcome to Zimbabwe."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zimbabwe
- Hotels in Zimbabwe
- Transportation in Zimbabwe
- Nightlife in Zimbabwe
- Restaurants in Zimbabwe
- Shopping in Zimbabwe
- Warnings and Dangers in Zimbabwe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zimbabwe
- 137 Reviews
- 146 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Zimbabwe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zimbabwe
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: the planned serengeti highway"
- Commented on one of Saringuis's Zimbabwe travel pages
- updated a Zimbabwe Travel Page "ZIMBABWE! "MY FIRST ADVENTURE""
- Wrote a Review Zimbabwe Under Your Feet! in Zimbabwe Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "ZIMBABWE! "MY FIRST ADVENTURE""
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 150 reviews, 185 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kenya Intro, 100 reviews, 165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 75 reviews, 100 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zimbabwe Intro, 75 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tsavo National Park West Intro, 61 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 66 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tsavo National Park East Intro, 50 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 67 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amboseli National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Falls Intro, 35 reviews, 38 photos