"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gdpjLFcEJI" safardreams's Profile

This effects TRAVEL and LIVES.

Hi all, its been so long.I have been so busy with my Taita Fiancee since FEB 2008. Now we are officially ENGAGED! I arrived here 4/2 must head back to Rhode Island 5/2. About 6 months later,my Fiancee soon to be Wife will join me. During these weeks we spent 10 days at: OCEAN SPORTS in WATAMU. Amazing and wonderful place.We will have to go back at some point. We spent a couple of nights at my Fiancee's Grand Ma's place in Taita Hills. To do the family visit and Engagement! Everyone was so happy. These last 2 weeks in Nairobi we had family business to tend to and of course spend time together. While in Nairobi this visit and the last visit in August we were lucky to have a reliable and easy taxi driver-CHEGE MATHEW.He always gives us good price and knows the short cuts. Most of these taxi guys always trying to mess with you.If any one is in Nairobi and needs to get around this is your guy! I will write more later as my Fiancee and I must get going from the Cyber.
Thanks, David and Farida.
Believe it or not-I recieved a MASAI'S COW out of this trip. It's waiting for me the next time I visit Kenya. On the Sunday I was to leave Kenya. I stopped at this Cafe i always go to. We stopped to have some lunch and see a few people. Before we knew it we had a friend THE POLICEMAN (name unknown),this drunk good hearted KALULU(Nutty Guy) and this MZURI SANA LADY sitting with us. After some time this Old Big a bit Drunk MASAI Man walked in the cafe. He stopped at some tables- asked him to come over. he spoke no english. After awhile the Old Masai was trying to talk to me.
Using signals and all that. As it turned out-he was trying to ask me if I would buy him a Tusker Beer.No MATATA-He got his beer. Now he talks to my driver to tell me. He is so very happy and pleased and surprised this mzungu bought him this beer. So he tells me next time I visit: He wants to show me his home, where his cows live and he wants to give me a COW! Not kidding he has a cow all ready to go for me haha. Nice trade-beer for a cow. Pretty nice of this Old Masai to offer that. As I was leaving the Cafe-the Masai couldnt shake my hand enough-still trying to talk me.I'm sorry I had no idea what he was saying.
I think its time I learned Swahili : )
We took 2 rides out to SATAO CAMP . Out there very hot & dry looks like the Moon. Except for some Impala & Oryx (that was a treat). Nothing else around. The camp owner Bobby told us the Elephants went that way-that way had rain. At SATAO-they have 2 water holes. Out to the left of the water holes we see a pile of white in front of this tree. Pretty far but it looked like an Elephant. I asked if I could get escorted out to the carcass no problem Joseph took me out there. I took some video of what was left Bones, Skin, Tail. They think it got bit by a Snake and died. Of course people at this camp were wondering what I was doing. my driver being a bit embarrassed told them-they just had this confused why look on them.Thats ok-thats what I expected.
Sections of the Park we went to had no grass or wetness-other parts had a golf course look and mud. We also stopped at: Voi Safari Lodge. They also have water holes. The first time there was nothing around. Way out in the distance were some Elephants-how my driver saw them I will never know.
Very far away. We visited 2 days here-2 days nothing! We were told 2weeks before a Pride of Lions were hanging around. They live in the hills to the left of the Lodge. All and all still a good visit. Oh the Baboons were having a good time. They know us so they dont bug us much. But they were driving this older couple from South Africa batty. Then a Over-Land Truck came in for 1nt. The Baboons had fun with them. Taking all kinds of stuff . It was fun watching these guys chase them all over. Then the Over-Landers left the next morn.That couple-very nice people. Alison & Ian. they asked us over for some wine that 1st eve. That SA Wine is very good. Then they stopped over our tents the next nt. We heard the lions & hyenas during the nt-but in the day. Not seen.

Rest of my March Trip 2006

Nairobi, always a good time. No matter how many times i go to this Cafe , still get that look at the Mzungu look haha. Then make it a point to mingle with the bartender / waiter who I know. Then its ok. That last sun afternoon there-we were acting up so much. Everyone there were laughing at us / with us.
I met many people this trip. In Uganda & Kenya also made my friendship bonds stronger. I am not sure when I will get back this time. It disturbs to think I wont be able to see these people for some time.
Uganda- those Chimps-NUTS. I was planning on doing what is called CHIMP HABITUATION PROJECT. My job took care of that by pulling the plug on our overtime.
As it turns out because of the elections-they wanted no one in the park during the dark hrs.Elections were over-but the ban wasnt. I visited KIBALE NATIONAL PARK. Best place to see the chimps. About 5hrs drive west of Kampala. I had planned on 4 chimp trackings at 50dollars a track. Well worth it. I didnt mind staying here for 5 days that worked out too. It rained on the way to Kibale. It rain hard the next morn on my 1st tracking. After that no problems. The 4th tracking was the best! I did 2 in june- this one was the best. Many Chimps, females and males. Some jiggi-jiggi, some fighting, some noise, some charging. If you go-take the video please. A second in command chimp went towards my female park ranger hard & fast. Till he stopped short of her.DONT RUN-they will chase and beat you. She couldnt run-because she was pissing her panties haha.
But the Chimp stopped and went to sit next to a tree. As fast as it started it ended. So much more action and sounds this tracking. Was so great.
I asked a local girl who is training at the camp to tag along. Very nice sweet person. We took a liking to each other. Her questions, manners, ect she reminded me of my neice. We turned out to be friends. She will be a good ranger-she was hearing things and seeing things the real ranger didnt pick up on. This girl-her name is: Jackie spotted what turned out to be a Poachers Pit!
Of course I gave Kudos to the bosses at the station about her.
Harriot-the Ranger was so nice and informative. She made sure I saw the knuckel marks of the chimps in the mud. I surprised her during all this- out of the blue I went up to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I was so happy for this day. She was so shy and happy also. Maybe one day these 2 will send me a text messege haha.
The eves were good. My driver,me, some Rangers would stay up late party a bit, talk. laugh. These people there are so nice.
There is a Chimp Researcher there-living in a tree house. Shes been there 10yrs now. I met her in june-she is from UK. Her name: Julia. Again very nice person. She invited me up the road in what is called: BIGOTI TRADING POST for dinner.My driver, Jackie, many other people were there with us. We talked about so many things.But the biggest talk: My American Rhode Island-Boston like accent. Oh boy did I get killed. It was fun though. We walked up the road to this bar-sat outside talked and partied more. Before we knew it-it was 1am.
We did it again the next nt. But I invited the park Wardens also. One of the Wardens I met at Queen Elizabeth Park in June. What a small world for him to be just getting there. It was good to see him.
It was tough to leave Kibale Park- I really like it there. We drove to Kampala to stop at GREAT LAKES SAFARIS office. I had this plan- I knew my good friend Jaynefer was there, also Alyce. I took a surprise photo-of course I have no idea where that roll went to. Amos the owner of Great Lakes, nice guy. I would use them again there no problem! This was the 2nd time I used Graet Lakes Safaris for Uganda.
I ended up in Entebbe for a little longer than I wanted. Because of my money issue-and I already had my plane tickets-I wasnt leaving for Kenya till the Mon morn. Thats ok met some new people,had a good time,road on those motor-bikes they have there.
Still need to get back to Uganda & Kenya great people, companies I deal with, Friends- just too much to stay away from.

In Closing on my March Trip

To continue on about this March trip.I shot mostly video. Or else I would have a better pic to put up at the beginning here. But the Ugandan Forest too dark. Video for the Chimps is much better any way. In TSAVO EAST- not much going on at all. Animals scattered where there is some water or better feeding. So not much to take photos of this time around. It didnt bug me that much- I seemed to relax a bit this time.One HI-LITE of my Tsavo East visit was my driver let me drive the Land Cruiser for a couple of hours. Strange with the wheel on the other side of the truck. So much so- I almost went off a cement bridge haha.driver kept saying as we got to the left corner: YOUR SIDE, YOUR SIDE, YOUR SIDE . I had no idea that left tire hit that piece of cement right on the corner. There is no guard rail on that bridge. I didnt know until we crossed and he told me. After that-not too bad. It was fun driving in: TSAVO EAST NATIONAL PARK.

lynyrd skynyrd, Freebird

If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be travelling on, now,
’cause there’s too many places I’ve got to see.
But, if I stayed here with you, girl,
Things just couldn’t be the same.
’cause I’m as free as a bird now,
And this bird you can not change.
Lord knows, I can’t change.

Bye, bye, it’s been a sweet love.
Though this feeling I can’t change.
But please don’t take it badly,
’cause lord knows I’m to blame.
But, if I stayed here with you girl,
Things just couldn’t be the same.
Cause I’m as free as a bird now,
And this bird you’ll never change.
And this bird you can not change.
Lord knows, I can’t change.
Lord help me, I can’t change.

Boston, Dont Look Back

A new day is breakin’
It’s been too long since I felt this way
I don’t mind where I get taken
The road is callin’
Today is the day

I can see
It took so long to realize
I’m much too strong
Not to comprimise
Now I see what I am is holding me down
I’ll turn it around

I finally see the dawn arrivin’
I see beyond the road I’m drivin’
Far away and left behind

It’s a new horizon and I’m awakin’ now
Oh I see myself in a brand new way
The sun is shinin’
The clouds are breakin’
’canse I can’t lose now, there’s no game to play

I can tell
There’s no more time left to criticize
I’ve seen what I could not recognize
Everthing in my life was leading me on
But I can be strong

I finally see the dawn arrivin’
I see beyond the road I’m drivin’
Far away and left behind

(scholz)

I've Been Searching, Chicago

As my life goes on I believe
Somehow something’s changed
Something deep inside
Ooh a part of me

There’s a strange new light in my eyes
Things I’ve never known

Now I see myself as I am
Feeling very free
Life is everything
Ooh it’s meant to be
When my tears have come to an end
I will understand

To find and answer
Now I know my life has meaning
Woah woah

Searching
Don’t you know I’m hell yeah
For an answer
To the question
Oh yeah
For our minds
Baby
Baby it’s true
It’s only natural
It’s only natural baby, yeah
Good things
In life
Take a long time
Yeah yeah

Inserated 4/15/06

Something about you, Boston

When I was younger I thought I could stand on my own
It wasn’t easy, I stood like a man made of stone

But there was something about you
It brought a change over me
It’s startin’ to show
I’ve got this feelin’ inside
Gotta have ya, have ya, ain’t no good to hide

It isn’t easy
I know, when you believe in a man like me

When I get angry I say things I don’t wanna say
I really mean it, I don’t want to leave you this way

I couldn’t help my reaction
I lose control over you
I just wantcha to know
Got this feeling inside
Gotta have ya, have ya, ain’t no good to hide

It isn’t easy
I k now, when you believe in a man like me

But there was something about you
It brought a change over me
It’s startin’ to show
I got this feelin’ inside, gotta have you, have you
Ain’t no good to hide.

It isn’t easy
I know, to believe in a man like me
Like me, can’tch see
I gotta gotta have you

But there was something about
Yeah there was something about you.

(scholz)
inserted 2/11

Out In The Country, Three Dog Night

Whenever I need to leave it all behind
Or feel the need to get away
I find a quiet place, far from the human race
Out in the country

I stand alone and take back somethin' worth rememberin'

Whenever I feel them closing in on me
Or need a bit of room to move
When life becomes too fast, I find relief at last
Out in the country

Before the breathin' air is gone
Before the sun is just a bright spot in the nighttime...

I stand alone...

CAN WATCH THEM ALL DAY!

To finish off this page. I have heard this song a thousand times! Not knowing the lyrics till now. By all accounts.
THIS IS ME!
How did I know it would take me there. From over 30yrs ago. These lyrics hit me like a TON OF BRICKS!
Now, what do I do with my LIFE?

Africa
Toto Song Lyrics

I hear the drums echoing tonight
But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
She's coming in twelve - thirty flight
Her moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation
I stopped an old man along the way
Hoping to find some old forgotten words or ancient melodies
He turned to me as if to say: Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you

It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

The wild dogs cry out in the night
As they grow restless longing for some solitary company
I know that I must do what's right
Sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti
I seek to cure what's deep inside, frightened of this thing that I've become

(Repeat chorus)

(Instrumental break)

Hurry boy, she's waiting there for you

(Repeat chorus)

Now that I have the words to this song. I get the same feelings I get when I see the TWIN-TOWERS in a movie! It OVER POWERS me! To the point of turning my life UPSIDE DOWN! Maybe one day I will be living with the Elephants.
How could I know a simple and short lyric song could do this? I couldn't know!

Had to finish with my ELEPHANTS.
To have them just pass by your truck. Or even your camp or tent!
The charge of and ELEPHANT!
Eating next to your camp at night!!
Walking pas you. Making believe they don't see you. Then suddenly TURN!! THE BEST!!!!!
I have two ZIMBABWE and two
KENYA photos here. CHIZARIRA, HWANGE, TSAVO EAST & MARA.

• Intro Updated Dec 16, 2010

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2013 at 8:19 AM

David, happy birthday !

• Oct 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Dear sir/mam
                              Regards from imran khan I am a tour guide in Agra (City of love). Apart from this I am also having my own travel agency which is name of travels visions and I am also handling other car rental companies as well as inbound companies. Therefore I am soliciting for any requirements of Agra

Warm regards

Oct 13, 2013 at 3:45 AM

Happy Birthday! I hope you are ok. All the best. Greetings. Nat

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Happy Birthday David! Wish you a great day!

• Libra_law's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Hi David! Hope you've been well. Long time! Also a very, very, belated happy birthday:-) Best wishes for the New Year.

• safardreams's Profile Photo
      Dec 28, 2012 at 9:49 AM

hi vicki, so nice of you to drop by. its been a loooonnnnggggg time :) hope your ok

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Hi David, Happy Birthday to you for today. Hope all is well with you and your good Lady. Take care and regards from Cornwall, Geoff

• safardreams's Profile Photo
      Oct 15, 2012 at 5:02 AM

hi geoff, wow its been a long time. all is great here. any plans on coming to the states again? see ya

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo
      Oct 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Hi David, Yes, I'd love to, but there are problems with finding the right time, LOL!. I need to return to Oregon, but that's a bit far from you haha. Regards. Geoff

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Happy Birthday David! Wish you a wonderful day!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Nice to meet you in today's birthday list. Wish you happy birthday and all the best to keep travelling interest. Cheers.

• thinking's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2012 at 6:16 AM

Greetings and Happy Birthday!

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2012 at 4:31 AM

Happy Birthday David. Enjoy your day! All the best. Nat

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
safardreams's Profile Photo

safardreams

“my Taita and I at the local cruise night.”

Real Name