"Medicine Lodge & the Red Hills" Medicine Lodge by jayhawk2000
Medicine Lodge Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 57 photos
Medicine Lodge was home to the famous temperance activist Carry Nation and the site of a landmark peace treaty council with the Indians which is regularly re-enacted.
This historic town sits amongst some of the most stunning and unique scenery in Kansas.
The surrounding rosey buttes have many names and are called the Red Hills, the Gypsum Hills or simply 'Gyp' Hills for the distinctive crystals in the soil.
On a drive through the hills you might come across ghost towns and villages like Sun City and Belvidere where you'll be surprised to find some thriving businesses (no kidding).
Frankly, just about everything in this part of the world is off the beaten path. The Guinness Book of World Records... more travel advice
jayhawk2000's Related Pages
Medicine Lodge Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Medicine Lodge
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Medicine Lodge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Medicine Lodge
Photos in Medicine LodgeSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Manchester Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 32 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lindos Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 23 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 20 reviews, 15 photos
- Portsmouth Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Braunschweig Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Exeter Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos