"Like a birthday cake!" Marquette by jayhawk2000
Marquette Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 7 photos
I think the colours and swirls on these buildings look like fancy icing on a birthday cake...I hope you enjoy your slice!
Little Marquette possesses the most wondrous downtown district, two blocks of painted storefronts and extravagant edifices.
I don't think they ever staged Wagner's Ring Cycle at the Marquette Opera House.
An opera house or 'opry' in this part of the country is a catch-all term for an entertainment palace that might have showcased vaudeville acts, concerts, speeches and 'magic lantern shows' (movies!).
On the side of one building downtown you can see this outline of Kansas with images from Marquette. Town murals have... more travel advice
The town was founded in 1874 by Swedish immigrants, who had also settled nearby Lindsborg. Like Lindsborg the town... more travel advice
jayhawk2000's Related Pages
Marquette Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Marquette
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Marquette?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marquette
Photos in MarquetteSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Manchester Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 32 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lindos Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 23 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 20 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Braunschweig Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Exeter Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos