"Little Sweden, USA" Lindsborg by jayhawk2000
Lindsborg Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 103 photos
A mix of Swedish charm and Kansas hospitality make Lindsborg about the friendliest tourist honeypot in the state. It's a town of art galleries, craftsmen, festivals, music and wholesome food.
The town's mascot and biggest export is the wooden dala horse ('dalahast'). In spring 2003 the town had a dala horse 'parade' downtown.
Lindsborg's downtown is lined with extravagant old buildings where you will find antiques markets, arts & crafts stores and restaurants.
Don't miss an excursion out of town to the hilltop stone 'fort' at Coronado Heights, the legendary viewpoint of that Spanish conquistador's exploratory expedition through here nearly 500 years ago.
I can also recommend the Maxwell Wildlife Refuge and McPherson State Fishing Lake for some superb widlife encounters and wonderful scenery.
And less than 10 miles straight west of Lindsborg on State Hwy 4 is Marquette, my 'birthday cake' town which has its own VT page!
Lindsborg's colorful downtown is an adorable place to toodle around with its gift shops, art galleries, craft stores and... more travel advice
According to legend, the Spanish conquistador Coronado rode this far north to a prominent hilltop. Staring out across... more travel advice
jayhawk2000's Related Pages
Lindsborg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "brdwtchr's new Lindsborg Page"
- "Little Sweden, USA"
- "Lindsborg, Kansas - more than a touch of Swedish"
- "Lindsborg, Kansas"
- "A Swedish town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lindsborg
- Hotels in Lindsborg
- Transportation in Lindsborg
- Restaurants in Lindsborg
- Shopping in Lindsborg
- Warnings and Dangers in Lindsborg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lindsborg
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Lindsborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lindsborg
Photos in LindsborgSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Manchester Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 32 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lindos Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 23 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 20 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Braunschweig Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Exeter Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos