Lawrence Shopping Tips by jayhawk2000 Top 5 Page for this destination
Lawrence Shopping: 8 reviews and 9 photos
The selling of secondhand CDs must be Lawrence's biggest industry. Love Garden Sounds is the original and best with the most astounding selection of CDs, cassettes and vinyl imaginable.
The shop itself epitomizes the Lawrence style with its vintage stock, wonky floorboards and population of friendly felines parked atop the merchandise waiting for some TLC.
What to buy: This is THE place for special editions, rarities and mind-blowing unique finds thanks to all those hard-up students selling their music collections here for beer money. Keep up to date on daily arrivals by joining their email service through the website.
They also sell new CDs. Open Mon-Wed. 10-7, Thurs-Sat 10-8and Sun 12-6.
What to pay: Bring in some CDs to swap and nab yourself some free finds in trade!
Address: 936 1/2 Mass (up a flight of lime green steps)
Directions: Right bang downtown
Other Contact: email@example.com
Look for the yellow awnings
The Dusty Bookshelf does for books what Love Garden Sounds does for music, offering the city's biggest selection of secondhand reads. Forget Borders around the corner, here are stacks and stacks of books which get shuffled through so often there is no chance of the shelves getting dusty.
Some KU students sell their plasma at the blood clinic for beer money, while those students who actually got around to reading their books can sell them here.
Half the stock must be books I had to leave behind when I moved to England (and half my books now are dusty finds!). They are happy to buy or trade your books, though the trade terms are more generous.
They have a sister store in Manhattan, KS that's every bit as good.
The one problem is that you have to come here in a browsing mood. If you come with a specific list in mind of what you're after you may get lost in the stacks and disappointed by the disarray, although the staff will do their best to track something down for you.
Address: 708 Mass
Directions: Near the top end of downtown, on your way to the river
This is the biggest natural foods co-operative in the state, like a weeklong farmers market under one roof.
What to buy: Food (of course)...meat, bread, cheese, fresh herbs, the works...lotion, soap and supplements for natural living...plus flowers, coffee and gifts!
Address: 901 Iowa
Directions: The Hillcrest shopping centre on US Hwy 59
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (17)
- See All Superb bakery
- See All Superstitions
- See All Ying and Yang
- See All Lawrence's other university
- See All Lawrence's Visitor Center
jayhawk2000's Related Pages
Lawrence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "University Drives the Growth"
- "Lawrence, Kansas"
- "Home of the Phog"
- "Culture And Progression on The Plains"
- "jayhawk's new Lawrence page"
- "brdwtchr's new Lawrence Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lawrence
- Hotels in Lawrence
- Transportation in Lawrence
- Nightlife in Lawrence
- Restaurants in Lawrence
- Shopping in Lawrence
- Warnings and Dangers in Lawrence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lawrence
- 20 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Lawrence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lawrence
Photos in LawrenceSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Manchester Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 32 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lindos Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 23 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 20 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Braunschweig Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Exeter Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos