Lawrence Off The Beaten Path Tips by jayhawk2000 Top 5 Page for this destination
Lawrence Off The Beaten Path: 13 reviews and 21 photos
Haskell Indian Nations University is a unique higher educational institute where representatives from over 150 Native American tribes benefit from free tuition.
The Haskell Cultural Center & Museum is a recent addition to the campus, which was established in 1884. At the new visitors center you can visit a student art gallery, see historic artifacts from university archives and pay your respects at the Veterans memorial. The center at 155 Indian Ave is open Tuesday through Friday 8-5 and Sunday 1-5.
The landmark 120-foot WWII Memorial Campanile, home to a fine carillon of bells, can be seen from much of town. It is lovely to walk through the hillside groves or sit beside the lake in the campanile's shadow, especially during one of the regular carillon concerts on many Sunday afternoons and Wednesday early evenings.
To confirm recital times ring the Department of Music & Dance at the University of Kansas on 785/864-3436.
More Reviews (18)
- See All Superb bakery
- See All Superstitions
- See All Ying and Yang
- See All Lawrence's Visitor Center
- Stately, elegant and historic
jayhawk2000's Related Pages
Lawrence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "University Drives the Growth"
- "Lawrence, Kansas"
- "Home of the Phog"
- "Culture And Progression on The Plains"
- "jayhawk's new Lawrence page"
- "brdwtchr's new Lawrence Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lawrence
- Hotels in Lawrence
- Transportation in Lawrence
- Nightlife in Lawrence
- Restaurants in Lawrence
- Shopping in Lawrence
- Warnings and Dangers in Lawrence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lawrence
- 20 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Lawrence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lawrence
Photos in LawrenceSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Manchester Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 32 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lindos Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 23 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 20 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Braunschweig Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Exeter Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos