"I Like Ike!" Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene by jayhawk2000
Abilene Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 196 photos
Abilene started out as a rowdy cowtown at the end of the Chisholm Trail and probably would have settled into a quiet existence as a rather non-descript town were it not for its most famous son, Dwight D Eisenhower. ‘Ike’ led the Allied troops to victory in Europe and was President of the USA during its post-war glory days in the 1950s.
Lately it’s become a tourist hotspot, probably the most visited small town in the state, with the superb presidential museum at the Eisenhower Center vying for your attention along with many other museums, art galleries and antiques shops. Kids of any age will enjoy the old-fashioned carousel and the candy factory! Ring 800/569-5915 for info or go to http://www.ukans.edu/heritage/abilene
At 1993 Caramel Boulevard you’ll find the Russell Stover Candies Outlet. Enjoy fresh samples and watch how candy is made... more travel advice
A collection of modernist buildings surround the house where America’s 34th president grew up. Ike was born in Texas,... more travel advice
jayhawk2000's Related Pages
Abilene Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Cow Town with Pizazz"
- "Abilene - Home of Dwight Eisenhower and much more!"
- "Wild West Cow Town and Birthplace of Eisenhower"
- "I Like Ike!"
- "ABILENE, KANSAS"
- "brdwtchr's new Abilene Page"
- "Griske's Abilene Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Abilene
- Hotels in Abilene
- Transportation in Abilene
- Restaurants in Abilene
- Shopping in Abilene
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Abilene
- 7 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Abilene?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Abilene
Photos in AbileneSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Manchester Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 32 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lindos Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 23 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 20 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Braunschweig Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Exeter Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (8)
Latest Abilene hotel reviews
- Diamond Motel Abilene
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013