"A day in Derby" Top 5 Page for this destination Derby by jayhawk2000
Derby Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 203 photos
Derby is a pleasant town with a small but handsome city centre, a thriving cafe scene and some terrific pubs.
Derby bills itself as the 'Real Ale Capital' in England which would be enough for me to want to move here!
This was one of the pubs recommended to us, the Old Silk Mill, in the shadow of the cathedral tower. Another nearby pub, The Old Dolphin, is full of character...and ghosts! But for our fave pub from our visit check the nightlife tip.
The week we visited Derby was hosting a Pot Fair in the Market Place. No, not wacky tobacky, but some local pottery. The city is home to Royal Crown Derby and you can visit their factory to see their artisans at work.
- Pros:lots of quality pubs and indepedent coffee shops
The Silk Mill, one of Britain's first factories, is the centrepiece of an industrial museum on the riverside that... more travel advice
The fine cathedral tower lords it over Derby and approaching it along crooked Iron Gate builds up a lot of anticipation.... more travel advice
jayhawk2000's Related Pages
Derby Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Derby Real Ale Trail"
- "Derby - Not So Dead Centre"
- "~ Derby Is Where I Spend Most Of My Time ~"
- "A day in Derby"
- "DerbYESSSSS haha"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Derby
- Hotels in Derby
- Transportation in Derby
- Nightlife in Derby
- Restaurants in Derby
- Shopping in Derby
- Warnings and Dangers in Derby
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Derby
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Derby?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Derby
Top 10 Pages
- Manchester Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 32 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lindos Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 23 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lawrence Intro, 20 reviews, 15 photos
- Portsmouth Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Braunschweig Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Exeter Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos