"Palmi - Real Italy" Palmi by gaolei

Palmi Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 42 photos

Palmi? I had no idea I would be here.

I was heading for the container port at the toe of Italy to meet the container ship Maersk Arun, but the ship was late returning to port, so I spent a day and 2 nights in Palmi.

My first look out of the window in the morning revealed a beautiful view of the sea, Sicily, a church and the hill surrounding the beach. After breakfast and a check of email, I was off to explore. My destination, the beach shown in the painting in the lobby.

The long scenic walk to the beach

The hotel is very high up on the hilside, I found out. I walked down four ramping roads for about 1 Km to get to the beach. Long the way, I saw the small town, the church, and many beautiful views of the beach

The beach at palmi

The beach is surrounded by steep hills. At the end of the beach there is a rock in the water with a hole in it. When you look at it it looks like a dog's head in the water.

Te weather was cool early spring temperatures. Nobody was in the water, because the tourists will not arrive for more than a month and only local fishermen are there. The beach itself was covered with small rocks. It is not quite a white stone beach, but still very beautiful. The water is crystal clear.

• Pros:Beautiful scenery
  • Cons:It is a long way up that hill from the beach
  • In a nutshell:Beautiful - The real Italy only Italians know about
  • Last visit to Palmi: Mar 2010
  • Intro Written Apr 12, 2010

Comments

gaolei

“It's a Strange Little World!”

Badges & Stats in Palmi