"Palmi - Real Italy" Palmi by gaolei
Palmi Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 42 photos
I was heading for the container port at the toe of Italy to meet the container ship Maersk Arun, but the ship was late returning to port, so I spent a day and 2 nights in Palmi.
My first look out of the window in the morning revealed a beautiful view of the sea, Sicily, a church and the hill surrounding the beach. After breakfast and a check of email, I was off to explore. My destination, the beach shown in the painting in the lobby.
The hotel is very high up on the hilside, I found out. I walked down four ramping roads for about 1 Km to get to the beach. Long the way, I saw the small town, the church, and many beautiful views of the beach
The beach is surrounded by steep hills. At the end of the beach there is a rock in the water with a hole in it. When you look at it it looks like a dog's head in the water.
Te weather was cool early spring temperatures. Nobody was in the water, because the tourists will not arrive for more than a month and only local fishermen are there. The beach itself was covered with small rocks. It is not quite a white stone beach, but still very beautiful. The water is crystal clear.
- Pros:Beautiful scenery
- Cons:It is a long way up that hill from the beach
- In a nutshell:Beautiful - The real Italy only Italians know about
gaolei's Related Pages
Palmi Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Palmi
- Hotels in Palmi
- Transportation in Palmi
- Nightlife in Palmi
- Restaurants in Palmi
- Shopping in Palmi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palmi
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Palmi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palmi
Photos in PalmiSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Shanghai Intro, 31 reviews, 54 photos
- Pattaya Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos
- Shenzhen Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 14 photos
- Harbin Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Port Charlotte Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Westerly Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Beijing Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Kanazawa 3 reviews, 11 photos