"Into Basque Country to Meet My Relatives" Saint-Jean-de-Luz by gaolei
Saint-Jean-de-Luz Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 58 photos
I started researching my family tree about 10 years ago and found the Hacala name is Basque. My grandfather came from St. Pierre et Miquelon, and that's all I knew about his end of the family. During the years, I started a family page on a family tree site and the Hacala family started to come together. I got informathin from family members from France to Yellowknife in the Northwest territories in Canada.
This year one of the family members decided to host a family reunion in Basque country, Pays Basque. I got a hotel in St Jean de Luz, France and met my Basque relatives for the first time. Luckily, the reunion was during the annual Basque festival. It was time to connect with my roots.
The beach in St. Jean de Luz is in a breakwater protected cove. The water is clear and cool with small waves. There are... more travel advice
There is nowhere on the streets that you can park for free except on Sunday, You will see boxes with a solar panel on... more travel advice
gaolei's Related Pages
Saint-Jean-de-Luz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Euskadi : the Basque country..."
- "A lovely seaside town in Aquitaine"
- "Into Basque Country to Meet My Relatives"
- "St. Jean-De Luz"
- "Chic place but beautiful"
- "St Jean de Luz"
- "Things you can do at the beachvillage."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- Hotels in Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- Shopping in Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Saint-Jean-de-Luz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint-Jean-de-Luz
Top 10 Pages
- Shanghai Intro, 31 reviews, 54 photos
- Pattaya Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos
- Shenzhen Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 14 photos
- Harbin Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Port Charlotte Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Westerly Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Beijing Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Kanazawa 3 reviews, 11 photos