"Gaolei's Worldwide Adventure Page" gaolei's Profile
My company used to supply engineers to US companies for overseas assignments in places their engineers would not go. A typical call from a company would go like this:
Company: Can you go to Dong Yang China tomorrow?
Me: No, but maybe the day after.
Company: Ok, go!
Three days later am wondering, why did I take this job?
Well, it was for the money, (and the adventure)! There is nothing like going someplace you have never heard of, getting there alone, and surviving. Some places seem like they are terrible at the time, but I always look back, laugh and say that it wasn't so bad. I might even like to go back there, after all, who knew dog would taste so good!
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 288 Reviews
- 394 Photos
- 33 Countries
- 82 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
- Posted in Travel Beijing Forum "13 Western tombs of the emperors."
- Wrote a Review Found, Mao's Financial District Home in Shanghai Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Found, Mao's Financial District Home"
- updated a Vientiane Travel Page "Lao a Beautiful Land"
- Commented on gaolei's profile page
- Uploaded a Video to Ko Chang
- gaolei and aiyee are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Gaolei's Worldwide Adventure Page"
PhotosSee All Photos (394)
VideosSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Shanghai Intro, 32 reviews, 59 photos
- Pattaya Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos
- Shenzhen Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 14 photos
- Harbin Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Westerly Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Port Charlotte Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Beijing Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Kanazawa 3 reviews, 11 photos