"FREIBURG -A Charming City!" Top 5 Page for this destination Freiburg im Breisgau by Hosell

Freiburg im Breisgau Travel Guide: 411 reviews and 1,079 photos

SCHWABENTOR GATE

Freiburg is a medium size town located in the Black Forest,in southwest part of Germany,very close to borders of France and Switzerland and also just next to Rhine River.The city has a population of 200.000 inhabitants,and also has a very important university founded in 1.457.

Freiburg is also a famous cultural center and it has some nice and interesting museums.It has also a beautiful Ghotic cathedral built in 13th century.

I spend a full day visiting this beautiful city and we started a nice guided tour in the old town very early in morning to see all best places.I spent the rest of day seeing all nice places by my own and I enjoyed my visit to Freiburg very much!.

• Pros:Great and Charming City!.
  • Cons:Nothing!.
  • In a nutshell:Welcome to Black Forest Capital!.
  • Last visit to Freiburg im Breisgau: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 1, 2004

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Hiya Manuel. We are thinking of going here next year before the big Paris meet. Just love your opening pic in the travelogue!!! Hugs xx

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2006 at 6:26 PM

This is such a beautiful city. Your photos are dynamic. Great job with your descriptions of helpful information. Wonderful!

• hojasdehierba's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2006 at 10:28 AM

Hola Manuel! Ya estoy de vuelta de Suiza, pero aun trabajando en las paginas. La proxima vez que vuele a Basilea ire a Freiburg, espero, que tiene muy buena pinta. Muy buena pagina. Un abrazo.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2006 at 6:45 PM

Very beautiful architecture there, I see. Some parts remind me Bern in Switzerland, especially St. Martin Tower/gate.

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2004 at 10:50 AM

very nice fotos of town

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2004 at 10:14 AM

I saw a TV show about Freiburg and I remember how beautiful it is. It looks like a "typical" old-fashioned German town. It's nice that you were able to spend some time there and enjoy all there is to see in the town.

• Arenas's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2004 at 9:20 AM

Estupenda pagina y fotos,me gusta sobre todo la primera!

• antistar's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2004 at 7:27 AM

Great pages. I really wanted to go to Freiberg too, but it was a little too much for a weekend in Stuttgart. Maybe next time :D.

• chancay's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2004 at 9:51 AM

really beautiful and good imrepssions and tips here! Es una ciudad muy linda!!

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2004 at 1:57 AM

Great page Manuel with beautiful photos! I never knew that Freiburg was such a picturesque old town! I have to remember this tip! Thanks! :-))

Hosell

“Voyage,Voyage plus loin que le jour et la nuit :-)”

Badges & Stats in Freiburg im Breisgau

Have you been to Freiburg im Breisgau?

Latest Activity in Freiburg im Breisgau