"GENEVA" Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva by Hosell

Geneva Travel Guide: 1,050 reviews and 2,375 photos

LAC LEMAN

The city of Geneva has a population of 200,000 inhabitants and is one of largest in Switzerland,is the capital of the canton and is situated on the Lac Leman,also named Lake of Geneva,it is divided by Rhône River,wich emerges from the lake,is a nice and picturesque city with numerous bridges.

Geneva is also a cultural,financial and administrative center,in fact the city is site of more than two hundreds international organizations,including the United Nations building,this is one of two buildings that the United Nations has in Europe,the other is located in Vienna.This is the reason that walking by streets in Geneva you'll find lot of foreign people that aren't tourist,they work and lives here.

I started my ten days guided tour in three countries in Central Europe in Geneva,also I stayed another full day here on my departure day.I took more than one hundred nice photos of the city during my first day here,but unfortunatelly I lost most of them,I had a little accident on my second day of tour in the city of Bern,(I'll write the full story on my Bern page soon) so I lost mostly of the pictures taken here,I just still having a few of them,so this page will be a short one.

Anyway,I enjoyed my visit to Geneva very much and the weather was perfect aswell,as you can see on my pictures,a good start for that trip!!.

• Pros:Nice and very cosmopolitan city!
  • In a nutshell:Welcome to Geneva!!!
  • Last visit to Geneva: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 13, 2005

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2013 at 9:17 AM

great page oin Geneva ---- will see if I can find that restaurant when we visit this summer :) thanks for the tips :)

• Aug 3, 2008 at 12:47 PM

Hello Manuel, thanks for your wonderful tips on Geneva. They sure are helpful especially on my next visit.

• xaver's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2006 at 9:22 AM

Looks like I should go and visit also this part of Switzerland, thanks!

• hojasdehierba's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2005 at 12:51 PM

Hola Manuel! Gracias por tu comentario. Estoy recopilando información sobre Ginebra, así que tu página me viene de lujo. Un saludo.

• pabertra's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2005 at 3:57 PM

Hola Manuel! Tanto tiempo sin escribirte. Como estas? Adonde vas a viajar proximo? Disfrute mucho tu pagina de Geneva! Ciao!~Paige

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2005 at 7:08 PM

Your page brought back some memories of my trip to Geneva, but it was so long ago I forgot about much of what I saw. Too bad about your pictures.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2005 at 11:53 AM

Beautiful page! Sorry to hear about your lost pictures. What happened in lovely Bern?

• Arenas's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2005 at 5:05 AM

Muy chulas las fotos,sobre todo las del lago!.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2005 at 6:48 AM

What a treat this was to read. Very good Introduction. Great background information on your tour. So sorry you lost your photos, but you did just fine with the ones you have. Your sincerity, enthusiasm, and eye for detail are such great assets.

Hosell

“Voyage,Voyage plus loin que le jour et la nuit :-)”

Badges & Stats in Geneva