"GENEVA" Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva by Hosell
Geneva Travel Guide: 1,033 reviews and 2,304 photos
The city of Geneva has a population of 200,000 inhabitants and is one of largest in Switzerland,is the capital of the canton and is situated on the Lac Leman,also named Lake of Geneva,it is divided by Rhône River,wich emerges from the lake,is a nice and picturesque city with numerous bridges.
Geneva is also a cultural,financial and administrative center,in fact the city is site of more than two hundreds international organizations,including the United Nations building,this is one of two buildings that the United Nations has in Europe,the other is located in Vienna.This is the reason that walking by streets in Geneva you'll find lot of foreign people that aren't tourist,they work and lives here.
I started my ten days guided tour in three countries in Central Europe in Geneva,also I stayed another full day here on my departure day.I took more than one hundred nice photos of the city during my first day here,but unfortunatelly I lost most of them,I had a little accident on my second day of tour in the city of Bern,(I'll write the full story on my Bern page soon) so I lost mostly of the pictures taken here,I just still having a few of them,so this page will be a short one.
Anyway,I enjoyed my visit to Geneva very much and the weather was perfect aswell,as you can see on my pictures,a good start for that trip!!.
- Pros:Nice and very cosmopolitan city!
- In a nutshell:Welcome to Geneva!!!
I took this funny picture from my table at Spaghetty Factory restaurant.Here you can see some very hungry sparrows,they... more travel advice
This is a nice place in the downtown,it is located in the Cornavin Train Station.All our grup had the first dinner of... more travel advice
Hosell's Related Pages
Geneva Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Le songe d'une nuit d'été"
- "Geneva by Trip@ck"
- "diplomats, scientists and watch makers!"
- "An international crossroads"
- "Home of the America's Cup"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Geneva
- Hotels in Geneva
- Transportation in Geneva
- Nightlife in Geneva
- Restaurants in Geneva
- Shopping in Geneva
- Warnings and Dangers in Geneva
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Geneva
- 19 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Geneva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Geneva
Photos in GenevaSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 80 reviews, 124 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 78 reviews, 118 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 67 reviews, 122 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benidorm Intro, 61 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Marbella Intro, 22 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glasgow Intro, 34 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 36 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos