"A NATURE WONDER" Top 5 Page for this destination Schaffhausen by Hosell

Schaffhausen Travel Guide: 173 reviews and 606 photos

General View & Schloss Laufen

Schaffahusen is a nice and small town located in Switzerland,just next to the border with Austria and Germany.We arrived to Schaffahusen from Innsbruck and going on the way to Salzburg.

The town is nice,but I just saw it for a while from my bus,and we didn't stop in the old town.We just stoped here at the beautiful area of the Rhin Waterfalls (Rhein Waterfalls).

The Waterfalls are the largest in Europe in water volume,and really is a beautiful place to see the power of Nature.We stayed here about three hours and also we had a nice lunch in one of restaurants here.

Take a look into my travelogue aswell!.

• Pros:A Nature Wonder!
  • In a nutshell:Welcome to Schaffhausen!!
  • Last visit to Schaffhausen: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 12, 2004

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2012 at 3:56 AM

Nice page, Manuel. I will consider the Rhine Falls as a possible daytrip for the future. You can feel the power of the water from your photos!

• pure1942's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2008 at 1:43 PM

Hi, GreatPage. I'm just back from Schaffhausen and the Rheinfalls. The falls are beautiful. Pity you didn't get into the town of Schaffhausen. It was one of my Swiss highlights. Thanks for Sharing. Brian

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2006 at 8:33 AM

Those are impressive falls. Too bad you didn't have time to visit the town. Oh well, the falls were probably more exciting anyway.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2004 at 5:20 PM

Mmmm, fabulous pix once again Manuel. Looks like a wonderful holiday! Cheers, Ann :o)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2004 at 5:56 AM

Wonderful pictures and nature. I love especially the 6th picture in the travelogue.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2004 at 2:01 PM

Wonderful views in the travelogue!! Schaffhausen is full of natural beauty!! Love those waterfalls!!

• pabertra's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2004 at 11:48 AM

Manuel~~Hey there! Long time no talk! Looks like you had an amazing time here even if it was short! Switzerland looks beautiful! I may get to see it for a week in Dec! YEAH! ~~Paige

• Arenas's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2004 at 10:33 AM

Estupenda pagina y fotos!

• chancay's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2004 at 6:21 AM

Hace aaaños estuve ahi, pero es espectacular, no? Bonitas fotos y good tips!! Gracias por tus comentarios tambien.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2004 at 2:06 PM

These waterfalls are a really interesting location , Manuel !

Hosell

“Voyage,Voyage plus loin que le jour et la nuit :-)”

Badges & Stats in Schaffhausen

Have you been to Schaffhausen?

Latest Activity in Schaffhausen