"MUNICH ,Capital of Bavaria" Munich by Hosell

Munich Travel Guide: 4,364 reviews and 10,181 photos

NYMPHENBURG CASTLE-Munich

Munich city is the Capital of Bavaria region in Germany,pop. in 1994: 1,255,623 .The city is located on the Isar River and close to Bavarian Alps in Southern Germany.

It is a financial,commercial,industrial,transportation, and a very important cultural center. The city is a major tourist and convention center aswell,it famous "Oktoberfest" or Beer Festival in the city is known in all world right now.

We arrived to Munich from Vienna in one of last days in our tour for several countries in Europe.We arrived at lunch time and the first thing that we did,it was having a nice meal in a very nice and typical Bavarian restaurant in the center of the city.Then we spent the rest of the day visiting all nice places that the city has to offer! really Munich is beautiful and I enjoyed my visit very much!.

MARIENTPLATZ

MARIENPLATZ is with out any doubts,the heart of Munich.Everyone that come to see the city have to go to this impressive square.In here you will find some of best buildings and architecture in the whole city,take a look in "Things To Do" for more information of the square.

I would like to thanking my friend Michael, VT member (Globetrott) for his help and information to make this page,Thanks Michael!!.

• Pros:Beautiful city and architecture
  • Cons:Nothing!
  • In a nutshell:Welcome to Munich!
  • Last visit to Munich: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 9, 2005

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2006 at 5:58 PM

great tips!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2006 at 3:05 PM

It's been over a year since I've looked and read your Munich pages. Glad that I returned for second look. Just super with lots of detail, enthusiasm, and beautiful photos to match. Great travelogues, too.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2005 at 4:50 PM

Reading your page brought back memories of my visit to Munich many years ago. Too bad you didn't have the chance to go to Oktoberfest. I agree that German beer is the best!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2005 at 11:22 AM

Excelent tips and wonderful pictures. It's strange... I didn't visit Munich yet.. although my good schoolfriend lives there. Haha, no worries, some folks say that Octoberfest is big tourist trap, but not German beer itself.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2005 at 2:42 PM

a great page and lovely pics, bringing back great memories, Manuel ! I have to say that you saw quite a lot for only one day !

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2005 at 11:44 AM

Oooh, Munich looks so beautiful! Great page Manuel!!! You really make me want to visit it now! Nympenburg castle looks wonderful! And lucky you with those amazing blue skies :-)) Great to see that you had such a wonderful time here! :-)

• Arenas's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2005 at 10:42 AM

Great page,lots of info!!!

• gubbi1's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2005 at 8:52 AM

Great that you liked it here in Bavaria! Cheers, Christian.

• KieronP's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2005 at 9:01 AM

Good information about Munich. I can't wait to go back and see the parts I have missed!

• Henkster's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2005 at 7:00 AM

Great start on your wonderful page - about Germanys most beautiful city!! :)

Hosell

“Voyage,Voyage plus loin que le jour et la nuit :-)”

Badges & Stats in Munich