United States of America Transportation Tips by Hosell
United States of America Transportation: 239 reviews and 241 photos
Without any doubts the best way to reach the U.S from other countries,continents and also inside this huge country is the plane.Right now you can find some very nice prices and deals to go to any place in the U.S.A.
There are many american airlines,but I'll tell you,just a few of main airlines that you can find in the states:
In almost all big cities in the U.S like: New York,Washington D.C,Chicago,Boston,Las Vegas,
Los Angeles, San Francisco etc.. you will find Limusines ready to be rented.
So if you are visiting one of these cities,you can feel also like a millionaire renting a Limousine for a while.A variety of limousines are available for hourly rental around town.The average price for a town car is $25;a basic limo runs about $33-$55;and a super strech averages $60-$80 per hour.They just cost a little bit more than if you take two taxis.
(This prices are for Limusines in Las Vegas,similar prices are in rest of cities).
This is a picture of a typical american truck,it was taken somewhere in Texas.I always liked to see these huge trucks for real.
Travelling in the United States with a Recreational Vehicle is really one of best and cheap ways to see everything and feel like at home.I didn't do it,because I haven't one of this nice Motor Homes,but I would like to have one someday!!!!.
Type: Car/Motor Home
The United States has some of best roads in the world.The country is very well connected by highways,freeways and roads.Mostly of them are free,sometimes you have to pay a toll to use a bridge,a tunnel or something like that.
The best way to see and feel the real american "soul" is driving for the nice roads and see cities,small towns,villages,landscapes,farms,mountains in a word everything!.Renting a car of better driving your own car,(something hard if you lives in Europe or other distant country) I really had a wonderful time on my second visit to the U.S and we drove with my friend's van more than 2,000 miles in eleven different states,including a very big part of "Historical Old Route 66".
This is a picture of my friend's van taken in Arizona.
Type: Car/Motor Home
Another very good transportation option to go to the U.S is arriving to one of numerous harbour around the country in one cruise ship.There are lot of good maritime lines that you can take,but here I'll show you a few of them.
One of most important in the country is:
AMERICA CRUISES LINES take a look to its webstite for more information:
Here I'll give you a few more:
DISNEY CRUISE LINES
WORLD EXPLORER CRUISES.
Another nice option if you are travelling in a few states that cross the Mississippi River is take one of the Typical Mississippi Boats to take a small cruise in the river.I did it in St, Louis and had a great time!! this is a photo taken in St. Louis of a Casino-Boat.
Renting a small plane like the one on my picture may be a good idea if you are travelling and visiting huge land extensions or National Parks.I rented that one while I was visiting the Grand Canyon National Park.
The price is of $74 for a 40 minutes flight,and really I enjoyed very much this trip and the views were awesome!!!.Also there are small planes from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon.The company I choosed it was: AIR GRAND CANYON,there are a few of them there to choose from and also in rest of the country!,
Another good transportation option in the U.S.A is the trains.The National Railways company it is called "Amtrak" and you will find train stations in almost all small,medium or big cities inside the United States.
There are many diferent trains it depends of the speed and where you wants to go.I was a little bit surprised to learn what expensive is use the trains in the states,many times it is more expensive that use a plane,if you compares with prices that we got in Europe,exatly in Spain.
As a little example this is the price for a return ticket from New York to Washington D.C Union Station with the train "Regional Service" the price is of ....$152
There are a few kind of trains:
Picture of an old train taken at Flagstaff train station (Arizona)
More Reviews (72)
- See All Pickpockets!!
- See All SUNSET CRATER VOLCANO
- See All SOUVENIRS
- See All A GREAT PLACE AT FLAGSTAFF
Hosell's Related Pages
United States of America Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BASAIC's USA Page"
- "A constant work in progress"
- "United States: A Melting Pot"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Saying Goodbye to the United States of America"
- "THE UNITED STATES"
- "USA - several trips"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United States of America
- Hotels in United States of America
- Transportation in United States of America
- Nightlife in United States of America
- Restaurants in United States of America
- Shopping in United States of America
- Warnings and Dangers in United States of America
- See All...
Explore the World
- Wilaya d' Alger
- Popeye Village Hotels
- Hawks Nest State Park Hotels
- Tinambac Hotels
- Long Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in United States of America
- 279 Reviews
- 394 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to United States of America?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United States of America
- updated a United States of America Travel Page "THE UNITED STATES"
- Uploaded a Photo to "THE UNITED STATES"
- Wrote a Review Pickpockets!! in United States of America Warnings and Dangers
- Commented on one of deecat's United States of America travel pages
- Posted in Travel Barcelona Forum "Re: Comments of Ideal Youth..."
Photos in United States of AmericaSee All Photos (394)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 80 reviews, 124 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 78 reviews, 118 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 67 reviews, 122 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benidorm Intro, 61 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Marbella Intro, 22 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glasgow Intro, 34 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 36 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Top United States of America hotels
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Key West Hotels
- 2024 Reviews - 3979 Photos
- Honolulu Hotels
- 1987 Reviews - 4709 Photos
- San Francisco Hotels
- 9083 Reviews - 19112 Photos
- Miami Beach Hotels
- 1031 Reviews - 2075 Photos
- Los Angeles Hotels
- 4336 Reviews - 8577 Photos
- Chicago Hotels
- 5834 Reviews - 11868 Photos
- New Orleans Hotels
- 4160 Reviews - 7180 Photos
- Atlanta Hotels
- 1477 Reviews - 2638 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 655 Reviews - 1372 Photos
- Kissimmee Hotels
- 181 Reviews - 351 Photos