"Ilocos Norte" Paoay by cyberhunk
Paoay Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 121 photos
Located at the northermost tip of Luzon, ILOCOS NORTE is famous for its natural and cultural scenes. Laoag is the city capital and boasts of the Sinking Belltower as one of it's major tourist attractions.
Beside the Cathedral of St. William is the plaza complex with its historical Abolition of the Tobacco Monopoly Monument, The Capitol and the Ilocandia Museum.
La Paz and Suba sand dunes are movie settings fave which includes Tom Cruise's Born of the Fourth of July.
Garlic is widely sold in the area.
Batac, one of the towns, has the Marcos Museum and Mausoleum where the former President Marcos remains are displayed.
Other places of interest are the following:
-Malacanang of the North in Paoay overlooking Lake Paoay;
-Paoay Church(see picture),centuries-old edifice, is now included in the UNESCO World Heritage List;
-Sarrat, Dingras, San Nicolas, Bacarra(which has a leaning tower), and Badoc (which has the Juan Luna Shrine) Churches;
-Cape Bojeador Lighthouse;
-and Pagudpud, which is considered as the Boracay of the North.
cyberhunk's Related Pages
Paoay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paoay - another UNESCO World Heritage Site"
- "Paoay, A Unesco World Heritage Site"
- "OFF TO PAOAY, ILOCOS NORTE"
- "Paoay, Ilocos Norte"
- "Paoay Church and Bell Tower"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paoay
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Paoay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paoay
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Singapore Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Province of Cebu Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baguio City Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Ifugao Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bicol National Park Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bulacan Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Province of Ilocos Sur 1 review, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Ilocos Norte 1 review, 2 photos, 1 travelogue