"Hi and welcome to my new Germany Page" Germany by Kristina1701
Germany Travel Guide: 56,030 reviews and 163,759 photos
Some facts about Germany:
NAME: Bundesrepublik Deutschland (BRD) ---> Federal Republic of Germany
INHABITANTS: about 81 million
BIGGEST CITIES: Berlin (3.5 million inh.), Hamburg (1.7 million inh.), Munich (1.3 million inh.), Cologne (1 million inh.), Frankfurt am Main (660,000 inh.), Essen (630,000 inh.), Dortmund (600,000 inh.) and Stuttgart (600,000 inh.)
OFFICIAL LANGUAGE: German; in the state of Schleswig-Holstein there's also a Danish-speaking minority
CURRENCY: Euro; 100 Cents = 1 Euro
Germany is located in Central Europe. It's "neighbors" are: Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Austria, the Czech Republic and Poland. No other European country has that many "neighbors" as Germany.
Germany is a member of the European Union (EU) and introduced the Euro on January 1st 2002.
Germany is subdevided into 16 states, including 3 city-states whose status can be compared to the one Washington D.C. enjoys: (from the north to the south) Schleswig-Holstein, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Niedersachsen, Hamburg, Bremen, Berlin, Brandenburg, Nordrhein-Westfahlen, Sachsen-Anhalt, Hessen, Thüringen, Sachsen, Rheinland-Pflaz, Saarland, Baden-Württemberg, Bayern.
Germany is supposed to be in the top 10 of the richest countries in the world and thus provides its people an excellent social system which is unique on this planet.
After World War II, Germany has become a kind of "immigration-country". For we did not have enough labour, our government invited people from Italy, Greece and Portugal (who are not regarded as real immigrants for these countries are members of the EU) to work here. Since about 2 decades, there are also many people from Turkey, Poland and the former Yugoslavia living in Germany. Germany is the country with the largest and strongest economy in Europe, followed by France who we have close relations with, both economically and politically.
For further information on Germany, I recommend to visit the following pages:
1. Auswaertiges Amt
The Federal Foreign Office in Berlin does not only provide information on German and EU politics, but also general info on Germany (working and studying in Germany, youth exchanges,...), as well as travel information from a German perspective (travel warnings + country profiles). The page is available in German, English and French.
This page provides all kinds of info on Germany.
3. Deutsche Bundestag
This is the official homepage of the German Parliament, available in German, English and French
Here you'll find information on the 16 states. However this page is only available in German.
5. Der Bundeskanzler
Everything you've always wanted to know about our chancelor Gerhard Schroeder you'll find here! There's even a special link to a page for kids called: chancelor for kids.
6. Der Bundespraesident
And here you'll find everything on our head of state Johannes Rau. This page is available in German, English, French and Spanish.
7. Das Goethe-Institut
The Goethe Institut is THE organisation for the teaching of German language and culture worldwide. Besides in German, this page is also available in English.
- Cons:unpredictable weather
Not sure if Ruedesheim really is a must see destination but it definitely is a very popular place among tourists. It's a... more travel advice
We Germans are world champions when it comes to recycling litter and have the most complicated "litter system" of all,... more travel advice
- Electronic goods
- See All Speed limits
- See All Hessenpark
- See All Trier
Kristina1701's Related Pages
Germany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where to go and what to see !"
- "Discover Germany’s incredible diversity"
- "Germany on a Budget from an Insider"
- "Paul's Germany Page"
- "Breweries, Hikes and Climbs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Germany
- Hotels in Germany
- Transportation in Germany
- Nightlife in Germany
- Restaurants in Germany
- Shopping in Germany
- Warnings and Dangers in Germany
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Germany
- 150 Reviews
- 86 Photos
- 70 Forum posts
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Germany
Top 10 Pages
- Germany Intro, 32 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mainz Intro, 33 reviews, 11 photos
- Majorca Island Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Ingelheim am Rhein Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Malta Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Land Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limerick Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Eichstätt Intro, 15 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Poços de Caldas Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos
Top Germany hotels
- Berlin Hotels
- 6866 Reviews - 15332 Photos
- Munich Hotels
- 4309 Reviews - 9910 Photos
- Frankfurt am Main Hotels
- 1667 Reviews - 3684 Photos
- Düsseldorf Hotels
- 950 Reviews - 2158 Photos
- Cologne Hotels
- 1607 Reviews - 3989 Photos
- Hamburg Hotels
- 1453 Reviews - 3457 Photos
- Stuttgart Hotels
- 612 Reviews - 1569 Photos
- Nürnberg Hotels
- 883 Reviews - 3005 Photos
- Karlsruhe Hotels
- 895 Reviews - 4115 Photos
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 1065 Photos
- Koblenz Hotels
- 346 Reviews - 821 Photos
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Hotels
- 585 Reviews - 1823 Photos
- Würzburg Hotels
- 353 Reviews - 1189 Photos
- Fussen Hotels
- 130 Reviews - 479 Photos
- Dresden Hotels
- 1205 Reviews - 3542 Photos