"Malibu: I love the smell of pretention in the morn" Malibu by AngelaScura
Malibu Travel Guide: 196 reviews and 706 photos
Ah, Malibu. The land of surfers, sun, palm trees, cell phones, BMWs, lattes, and a lot more boring people than one would expect.
I went to Pepperdine University for four years, which is kind of a community of its own. It is situated in, but not really part of, Malibu. It ticks off the locals, really.
But as for town, there are a bunch of great restaurants, if you've got money to burn; a few decent beaches, if you're the masochistic type who enjoys freezing cold water; and a really beautiful drive along the coast up Pacific Coast Highway.
Don't expect any nightlife: EVERYTHING closes by 9 p.m.
- Pros:laid back, relaxed, low-key
- Cons:high-budget, not much entertainment, pretentious
- In a nutshell:a great place to live, but i wouldn't care to visit there
GET A CAR. Namely, if you can afford it, a convertible. My opinion is that the best way to see Malibu is in a red Ford... more travel advice
AngelaScura's Related Pages
Malibu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely Malibu"
- "Malibu! Sweet Livin!"
- "MALIBU: CELEBRITY PACIFIC COASTLINE PLAYGROUND"
- "THE GETTY VILLA MALIBU VIEWS"
- "Beautiful Malibu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malibu
- Hotels in Malibu
- Transportation in Malibu
- Nightlife in Malibu
- Restaurants in Malibu
- Shopping in Malibu
- Warnings and Dangers in Malibu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malibu
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Malibu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malibu
- Posted in Travel Isle of Skye Forum "RE: Day Hike suggestions..."
- updated a Malibu Travel Page "Malibu: I love the smell of pretention in the morn"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Malibu: I love the smell of pretention in the morn"
- Wrote a Review GET A CAR. Namely, if you can... in Malibu Transportation