"Canada" Top 5 Page for this destination Canada by traveldave

Canada Travel Guide: 40,300 reviews and 93,533 photos

Canada has been called the "Great White North" due to its cold and snowy winters. It is a huge country (second only to Russia), which covers much of the northern part of North America. Most of the people live along the southern tier of the country, within 100 miles (160 kilometers) of the American border, leaving the rest of the country sparsely populated.

I have only visited Toronto and Ottawa in Ontario, and Montreal in Quebec, but there is so much more to see, such as Canada's other large cities of Vancouver and Calgary; the rocky coasts of the Maritime Provinces; the Canadian Rockies; the arctic tundra of the far north; the vast forests and plains; and the temperate rain forests of the Pacific coast. I hope to return to Canada someday in order to experience some more of this beautiful country.

• Last visit to Canada: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 21, 2012

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2012 at 2:31 AM

I once took a beautiful train trip from Vancouver to Winnipeg. Also I have been canoeing in the Quetico (western Ontario) and have been to Toronto a few times. But there is still so much of Canada I haven’t seen!

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Hi Dave,
    you picked out some pretty good highlights..for me personally it would be the Canadian rockies and the wide open feeling you get in the countryside.
    regards from right next door in Maryland.Val

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2008 at 12:50 PM

Such a comprehensive presentation that is honest and fact-filled. I think that only the tacky tourist shops are real traps. The natural beauty of the falls is a must see. Love your emphasis on architecture in the three large cities.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2007 at 9:45 AM

thanks Dave for visiting my Morocco pages!

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2007 at 11:09 AM

Interesting travel page about Canada. Best wishes.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2007 at 6:09 AM

Wonderful overview of our wonderful country Dave. I love how you put Windsor in the "off the beaten path" category. Some do say that Canada ends in Windsor, Ontario. The Casino as our main attraction???

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2006 at 3:47 PM

An enjoyable page on Canada, Dave. Somehow I don't think that CN tower is for me!

• May 22, 2006 at 7:21 AM

Ah hah! You fell into the tourist traps. I'm working very hard on a guide to show people the true beauty of the area by avoiding the tourist traps. Best of all...most of the activities I list are FREE. www.budgetniagara.com

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2005 at 5:07 PM

IS IT A TOURIST TRAP OR NATURAL DRAW? GOOD PAGE

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2005 at 5:31 PM

GREAT page Dave,and awesome pictures of Niagara Falls and CN tower!! Hope to see them for myself someday!!!

traveldave

“"....For I must be traveling on now, 'cause there's too many places I've got to see...." (Lynyrd Skynyrd).”

Badges & Stats in Canada