West Virginia Nightlife Tips by traveldave Top 5 Page for this destination
West Virginia Nightlife: 6 reviews and 4 photos
The Towngate Theatre is operated by the Oglebay Institute and is housed in the former Second Presbyterian Church. It has been putting on live theater productions for over 35 years during which time more than 100,000 people have enjoyed the live performances of this community theater group. The theater company tours regional schools and colleges, conducts a summer Parcel Players program for Ohio Valley high schools and colleges, and encourages the writing of new plays through its Towngate Theatre National Playwriting Contest.
The Towngate Cinema is also housed in the Towngate Theatre, and offers films on weekends when there are no live performances.
Directions: The Towngate Theatre is located at 2118 Market Street, in the heart of Wheeling's Centre Market district.
The Capitol Music Hall is the home of Jamboree USA, the second-oldest live country music program in the nation (after the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville). Since 1933, Jamboree USA has featured the hottest and most popular country music stars, and the performances have been broadcast by radio to listeners all over the eastern part of the United States.
The Capitol Music Hall also features weekly live country music shows on Saturday nights, national Broadway productions, comedy shows, and other types of live entertainment. The Wheeling Symphony Orchestra also performs here.
Built in 1928, the Capitol Music Hall offers the elegance and intimate charm of the old-time theaters, while at the same time features modern, state-of-the-art facilities.
Directions: The Capitol Music Hall is located at 1015 Main Street, in downtown Wheeling.
More Reviews (38)
- See All The Pearl S. Buck Birthplace
- See All Cranberry Glades Botanical Area
traveldave's Related Pages
West Virginia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "West Virginia"
- "A state of its very own"
- "Civil War Schism"
- "Rafting in West Virginia"
- "West Virginia"
- "West Virginia: Back Roads and Byways"
- "Wild and Wonderful West Virginia!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in West Virginia
- Hotels in West Virginia
- Transportation in West Virginia
- Nightlife in West Virginia
- Restaurants in West Virginia
- Shopping in West Virginia
- Warnings and Dangers in West Virginia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in West Virginia
- 40 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to West Virginia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in West Virginia
- updated a West Virginia Travel Page "West Virginia"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Pearl S. Buck Birthplace"
- Wrote a Review The Pearl S. Buck Birthplace in West Virginia Things to Do
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Problems with a Foreign..."
- Commented on one of Bwana_Brown's West Virginia travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois Intro, 50 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- United States of America Intro, 47 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Peru Intro, 43 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Mexico Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indiana Intro, 40 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination West Virginia Intro, 40 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Morocco Intro, 35 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tunisia Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue