"Tennessee" Top 5 Page for this destination Tennessee by traveldave

Tennessee Travel Guide: 3,850 reviews and 8,331 photos

I first visited Tennessee in February 2004. It was an unplanned, spur-of-the-moment trip to see a state that I had never visited before. Tennessee was my first new state since I went to Kentucky in October 2002, and was the 47th state I have been to.

I drove to Nashville, which is about a five-hour's drive from where I udes to live in Indiana. I also visited the town of Lynchburg, which is a little more than an hour from Nashville. I returned to Tennessee in March 2005 during a road trip to Atlanta, Georgia. On the way, I stopped to see some of the sights and attractions in Chattanooga, a pleasant city located in the mountainous southeast corner of the state.

Nashville is known worldwide as the country music capital of the world. I am not really a fan of country music; however, it was fascinating to visit some of the legendary sites of country music, such as the Grand Ole Opry, the Ryman Auditorium, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, and Broadway. For those not interested in country music, Nashville offers most of the amenities of a large city, and has cultural, artistic, and historical attractions.

Lynchburg is a tiny town (population 361), but it is visited by travelers from all over the world because it is home of the Jack Daniel's Distillery, the nation's oldest registered distillery.

• Last visit to Tennessee: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 6, 2012

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2008 at 3:45 PM

Dave, a really enjoyable page that brought back great memories of my brief experiences of Nashville! It is hard to believe that Jack Daniel's Distillery is located in a 'dry' county!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2007 at 3:34 AM

Very enjoyable page on Tennessee. To thing we went all the way to Athens to see the Parthenon and there's one right in Tennessee. Who would have thunk it!!!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2007 at 12:25 PM

Great job on Tennessee! Local Parthenon looks not worse than original... Chattanooga Choo Choo will stay forever as one of the main symbols of this area. Thanks David for virtual travel!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2007 at 12:01 PM

What a great page on Tennessee. You did one thing that I didn't...visited the Jack Daniels place! Wonderful representation with keen insights.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2006 at 12:58 PM

An interesting page ! Nashville is a place I would like to visit one day and of course the Chattanooga Choo Choo !!

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2005 at 5:55 AM

I liked to see all new updates and pictures on your Tennesse page,I rode on a similar boat at St. Louis!.

• Elena_007's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2004 at 5:50 PM

Interesting page on Tennessee. No samples, Jack??? :-( Hardly worth a trip now. One day I will have to visit, anyway. ;-)~Elaine~

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2004 at 2:33 PM

Nice page. As for me more country music (I like it) than Jack Daniel's (not my favourite drink haha).

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2004 at 8:47 PM

Wow a very recent visit. I'm not a country fan either but Nashville looks cool but who would have thought of a Pantheon:-) Of course you need to visit Lynchburg:-)... I'll remember your great tips for when I hopefully visit.

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2004 at 6:10 AM

Great Tennessee page, country music isn't my thing either, but the Jack Daniels is.

traveldave Visits Here Frequently!

traveldave

“"....For I must be traveling on now, 'cause there's too many places I've got to see...." (Lynyrd Skynyrd).”

Badges & Stats in Tennessee

Have you been to Tennessee?

Latest Activity in Tennessee