"Rhode Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island by traveldave

Rhode Island Travel Guide: 1,408 reviews and 3,519 photos

Despite the fact that it is the smallest state in the United States, Rhode Island offers many things to see and do. Providence is a city which is currently undergoing a renaissance and is gaining most of the attractions of a big city. And there is a reason that Rhode Island is called the Ocean State. Its numerous bays, coves, and islands provide the opportunity to explore seaside villages, eat at seafood restaurants, enjoy natural attractions, or just relax on a beach.

I have been to Rhode Island many times, but in October 2002 I managed to see some of the sights in Providence, the state's capital and largest city; the mansions and other attractions in chic Newport; and Block Island, where I spent a weekend birdwatching during the autumn migration. Since then, I have passed through T.F. Green Airport on my way to other destinations in New England.

• Last visit to Rhode Island: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 21, 2012

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2008 at 6:52 AM

What a wonderful Rhode Island page David. Especially like Waterplace Park, Benefit Street with its Colonial houses, Kingscote & those lovely old mansions like Chateau-Sur-Mer, Astors' Beechwood and Belcourt Castle.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Liked the historical thread which runs through this page - you know so much about Rhode Island's beginnings

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2008 at 11:54 AM

As always, I am astounded at how many interesting historical tidbits you manage to work into your tips! I've driven by RI many times, but never stopped, so it is high time I was educated! The elegant Surf Hotel reminded me of 'del Coronado' in San Diego!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2007 at 8:17 AM

Very informative and interesting page! The largest unsupported dome of Rhode Island State Capitol Building is impressive. Château-sur-Mer and other mansions doesn't look worse then their European analogues and even better. Thanks David for virtual travel!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2007 at 8:59 AM

As much as I admire architecture, I was quite fascinated with your pages. I always enjoy reading your informative, interesting, and well written pages. You are so well traveled.

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2006 at 7:30 AM

an excellent page, dave :) thanks for dropping by in my page. happy belated new year and wish you all the best :)

• royalempress's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2005 at 7:27 PM

Great Travel Page on Rhode Island. I'll check your other pages now. Mike

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2004 at 5:35 PM

Your comment just popped up in a Google search I was doing on a historical site in RI. Love it when that happens with VT pages.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2004 at 5:16 PM

an interesting page and great pics ! - especially these old mansions look great !

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2004 at 8:29 PM

I never realised that this was a State all on its own. A lot of significance to RI. I love the architecture and theres certainly some wealth there. A very complete page Dave.

traveldave Visits Here Frequently!

traveldave

“"....For I must be traveling on now, 'cause there's too many places I've got to see...." (Lynyrd Skynyrd).”

Badges & Stats in Rhode Island

Have you been to Rhode Island?

Latest Activity in Rhode Island