"Missouri" Top 5 Page for this destination Missouri by traveldave

Missouri Travel Guide: 3,420 reviews and 6,802 photos

I used to live in Peoria, Illinois, which is about a two-hours' drive north of Saint Louis. I used to travel to Saint Louis quite often for my job, and just to spend time in the city. Since Peoria has few direct flights anywhere, I frequently changed planes at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport on my way to other American cities.

Although I spent a lot of time in the city, I never took any pictures of the sights and attractions of Saint Louis (this was in my pre-Virtual Tourist days).

However, since joining Virtual Tourist, I find myself returning to places I had visited in the past in order to take pictures so I can build new pages and add new tips. Saint Louis is about a five-hour's drive from where I used to live in Chicago, so I drove to the "Gateway to the West" for a long day trip to take pictures for this long-unbuilt page.

• Last visit to Missouri: Nov 2010
  • Intro Updated Jun 21, 2012

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2008 at 9:03 AM

Very interesting page! Gateway to the West looks very impressive. Old Courthouse in classic style reminds Greece. Thanks david for the virtual tour!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2008 at 8:25 PM

Thanks for the history lesson and virtual tour of St. Louis! I have always wanted to check the city out myself, but just did not have time on my weekend driving excursion along the Kansas/Missouri border!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2008 at 7:31 AM

The Gateway Arch is a beautiful symbol & monument to the brave pioneers who ventured out west. St. Louis sure is a beautiful city. Also thanks for comments on my London, England page.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2007 at 8:14 AM

Since I enjoy Saint Louis so much, I was really enthralled with your Missouri page. Especially enjoyed New Busch Stadium, Old Cathedral, and Planetarium tips. Thanks, Dave.

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2006 at 5:04 PM

Saint Louis has some striking architecture. I should check it out. Splendid page.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2006 at 10:42 AM

an interesting page, Dave !! Thanks for sharing !

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2003 at 5:54 PM

Thanks Dave for all nice new tips and pictures in your page.Hope that we can see some of most important places in St. Louis,at least the Arch!! :)

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2003 at 7:44 AM

Ah, St. Louis: "First in shoes, first in booze, and last in the American league" - but that was a long time ago!

• asgottl's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2003 at 3:15 PM

I love the St. Louis Arch!!!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2003 at 8:17 AM

Saw some Clydesdales today at the Royal Easter Show.

traveldave Visits Here Frequently!

traveldave

“"....For I must be traveling on now, 'cause there's too many places I've got to see...." (Lynyrd Skynyrd).”

Badges & Stats in Missouri

Have you been to Missouri?

Latest Activity in Missouri