"Massachusetts" Top 5 Page for this destination Massachusetts by traveldave
Massachusetts Travel Guide: 7,394 reviews and 16,796 photos
When I lived in New England many years ago, I used to go to Massachusetts, especially Boston, fairly often with my family. I can remember attending Boston Red Sox games at Fenway Park on hot summer afternoons, and I remember looking up in amazement at the tall skyscrapers in Boston's Financial District.
A few years later, when I lived in Vermont, my class went on field trips to Boston on two different occasions. On one trip, we visited the Museum of Science, and on the other trip we went to the New England Aquarium.
After I moved out west, I did not return to Massachusetts for more than 25 years. I recently visited in October 2002, and made a point of seeing many of the modern and historic sights and attractions in Boston.
Boston is where the United States was born, and is perhaps the most historic city in the nation, but at the same time it is a modern, dynamic city. I have basically organized this page to highlight some of Boston's modern sights and attractions first, followed by the must-see historical buildings and monuments.
I returned to Massachusetts in November 2013 for work training. I spent a week in Salem, known for its witch trials in the 1600s, and although I did not have a lot of time for sightseeing, I did manage to see some of the historical attractions in downtown Salem.
Charlestown is not a separate city, but is a neighborhood within the city limits of Boston proper. Located on a... more travel advice
The Quincy Market was constructed between 1824 and 1826 as an indoor pavilion to house vendor stalls that had formerly... more travel advice
traveldave's Related Pages
Massachusetts Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Birthplace of America: Massachusetts"
- "Berkshires and Lowell off the beaten path"
- "Massachusettes, so many things to do......"
- "MASSACHUSETTS, USA"
- "From Stockbridge to Boston"
- "The little corner of the globe I call home..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Massachusetts
- Hotels in Massachusetts
- Transportation in Massachusetts
- Nightlife in Massachusetts
- Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Shopping in Massachusetts
- Warnings and Dangers in Massachusetts
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Massachusetts
- 21 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Massachusetts?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Massachusetts
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois Intro, 50 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- United States of America Intro, 47 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Peru Intro, 43 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Mexico Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indiana Intro, 40 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination West Virginia Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Morocco Intro, 35 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tunisia Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Top Massachusetts hotels
- Boston Hotels
- 3796 Reviews - 8015 Photos
- Hyannis Hotels
- 47 Reviews - 51 Photos
- Provincetown Hotels
- 183 Reviews - 336 Photos
- Danvers Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 29 Photos
- West Yarmouth Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 11 Photos
- Cambridge Hotels
- 333 Reviews - 642 Photos
- Raynham Hotels
- 5 Hotels
- Lee Hotels
- 3 Reviews
- Plymouth Hotels
- 139 Reviews - 259 Photos
- Medford Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 11 Photos
- Fairhaven Hotels
- 5 Hotels
- West Springfield Hotels
- 18 Hotels
- Westfield Hotels
- 23 Reviews - 70 Photos
- Gloucester Hotels
- 143 Reviews - 481 Photos
- Hull Hotels
- 17 Reviews - 40 Photos